Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO - posting in supporting Docs - Registered post?

Options
  • 20-01-2013 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering when sending in the mature student supporting doicuments, can you send them in via registered post?

I dont like the idea of relying in anpost to get them in on time, ive had letters go missing before.

WIll the CAO office accept registered post?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

gline wrote: »
    I was just wondering when sending in the mature student supporting doicuments, can you send them in via registered post?

I dont like the idea of relying in anpost to get them in on time, ive had letters go missing before.

WIll the CAO office accept registered post?

If you have a hard copy of the CAO handbook on the back cover there's 4 certs of postage. If you get one of these date stamped when posting stuff to CAO they will accept this as evidence of posting on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

paperclip2 wrote: »
    If you have a hard copy of the CAO handbook on the back cover there's 4 certs of postage. If you get one of these date stamped when posting stuff to CAO they will accept this as evidence of posting on time.

Thanks, i'll get my hands on a hardcopy of the cao handbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nordie Durdle

Would anyone be able to take a quick pic or scan of this page to be stamped? I'm in the UK and don't have access to a physical handbook.

It might be no harm to contact CAO in your case Nordie Durdle

Below is some info from CAO on posting docs for non-standard applicants, page 16 CAO handbook.
    Evidence of submitting an application:Claims of postal loss or delay must be supported by a certificate of Postage (see back cover of this Handbook) and evidence of payment of the Application Fee. It is not necessary to register correspondence
    http://www2.cao.ie/handbook/handbook/index.php

There some more info here: http://www.cao.ie/help_files/speccat_instr.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nordie Durdle

Thanks for the help, yeah I'll contact them shortly. I thought it best to try here first as I'm sure they are extremely busy at this time of year.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help, yeah I'll contact them shortly. I thought it best to try here first as I'm sure they are extremely busy at this time of year.

I emailed them via the form on their website this morning and got a reply back before lunchtime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 P1nkr0ses

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

P1nkr0ses wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I had same problem as you, couldn't find the Handbook anywhere or get it in time. I sent my docs in yesterday by next day post, cost 5.75, and can track it online. It got delivered this morning. Problem is, the 7 day thing, comes around so quick, leaves us with little choice.

Carlow Adult Guidance service has the complete CAO handbook as a PDF on their website. You might be able to print off the very last page for certs of postage.

http://www.carlowadultguidance.ie/sites/files/CAO_Handbook_2013.pdf

Advertisement