Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI cable

Options
  • 20-01-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi all was wondering do anybody no where i can buy 15 ft hdmi cables in towm or do any place make them to lenght

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

shebzie wrote: »
    Hi all was wondering do anybody no where i can buy 15 ft hdmi cables in towm or do any place make them to lenght

Toner would be a gud bet next to the hyper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'm guessing the Sony/Cross Lane shop out on the Tramore Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

old gregg wrote: »
    I'm guessing the Sony/Cross Lane shop out on the Tramore Road.

yea - got one there a few weeks ago - had to order it for me - took 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

jennygirl wrote: »

yea - got one there a few weeks ago - had to order it for me - took 5 days
    What price are they.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

You would probably be better off going online to get it.. cant see the being cheap in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

get one online bud, the prices in town are stupid crazy in most cases

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I may be wrong but I would imagine they would be considerably more expensive in store and may even be bought online from the retailer. Not many would be buying that length I suspect so it wouldn't be in in stock.

If you can afford it though, im sure the retailer would appreciate the few bob :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

Got a 5 Metre HDMI for 20euro, Quality isn't great! But It does me. Got it from the the Electronics retail Shop opposite "SuperQuinns" Near Cork road.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

jezko wrote: »
    Got a 5 Metre HDMI for 20euro, Quality isn't great! But It does me. Got it from the the Electronics retail Shop opposite "SuperQuinns" Near Cork road.

All HDMI cables are the same quality. Doesn't matter if it's €20 or €2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Creamsoda wrote: »
    All HDMI cables are the same quality. Doesn't matter if it's €20 or €2000.

Not strictly true, build quality can differ.A €10 cable should last longer than a €2 if your plugging them in and out alot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

Doylers wrote: »
    Not strictly true, build quality can differ.A €10 cable should last longer than a €2 if your plugging them in and out alot

In terms of the quality of the picture and sound it is strictly true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

You can buy this online in Ireland and in Enniscorthy for €9.

Now you could go to a local supplier and get a price , and if they are somewhat close , give them the extra few bob .( make sure your local supplier is giving you the gold-plated variety )

Otherwise try this :

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/5m-15ft-HDMI-Cable-Wire-Gold-HD-for-PS3-Xbox-Sky-DVD-Blueray-3D-5-meter-/251184959807?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3a7bca513f#ht_1959wt_952

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

tesco arkeen had them in stock a while back cheap enough,,ugly creamy colour tho

jezko wrote: »
    Is that kelly and dollars

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Is that kelly and dollars

Yeah but its not the same owners, hence the new name.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I bought this brand and they are top quality.

Neet cables 5mtr HDMI €17.50

Neet cables 7mtr HDMI €21.50

They are available in black or white and have many more sizes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

7 metres!!!!!!!!!!! Why would u need one that long? ? Surely size is not a factor in your home shebzie? :)

jo06555 wrote: »
    7 metres!!!!!!!!!!! Why would u need one that long? ? Surely size is not a factor in your home shebzie? :)
    A now jo i remember you in school you were brill with the owl maths what happened the owl age kicking in 7 mtrs 15 ft its actually 5 mtrs for 15 ft and i was the fella at the back of the class in them days.:-)

jo06555 wrote: »
    A now jo i remember you in school you were brill with the owl maths what happened the owl age kicking in 7 mtrs 15 ft its actually 5 mtrs for 15 ft and i was the fella at the back of the class in them days.:-)

Advertisement