Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to get?

• 20-01-2013 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a €20 Debenhams voucher to use and it has to be used by mid Feb so as I'll be in Dublin this weekend as I don't know when I will be near a Debenhams again.

I have loads of eye shadows, mascaras, eye liners, lip gloss etc so don't know what to get. How ridiculous does that sound? :o :rolleyes:

I'd appreciate any help as there isn't anything I need tbh so just want to use the voucher and get rid of it.

BTW I've looked at the clothes/shoes/bags etc and nothing takes my fancy hence getting some beauty stuff!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

You can use the gift cards online aswell. Sometimes there can be a better selection online. The blue cross sale is on now and lots of beauty stuff is reduced http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Navigate?storeId=10052&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&lid=%2F%2Fproductsuniverse%2Fen_GB%2Fproduct_online%3DY%2Fcategories%3C{productsuniverse_d1_sale}%2Fcategories%3C{productsuniverse_d1_sale_59001}&ps=default&sid=*min_price
    (There is also 70% off certain christmas food gifts instore (sadly in my local one, all the choccies and sweets are sold out :() I got some Nandos stuff though.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Tweezerman tweezers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

The voucher I have can't be used online :( I got one of these http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/404572-20-to-spend-in-store?show_missed=true

Larianne wrote: »
    Tweezerman tweezers?

Are they any different to regular, cheaper tweezers? I have about 4 tweezers already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

They sell curling tongs too if that's any help, that's what I used my Groupon voucher for.
    Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, Clinque clarifying lotion are always on my list.

They have good value lugage too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Urban Decay eyeshadow primer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Are they any different to regular, cheaper tweezers? I have about 4 tweezers already.

I don't have them myself, but have heard from numerous people that they are good for tweezing. You want pretty sharp tweezers with a fine end on them. The ends should also meet perfectly together. I get mine in Terrisales and they are around 18euro. You have to pay a little bit extra for good tweezers. Makes plucking easier.

Could you put the money towards buying fragrance or do you want to spend just the value of the voucher?

Larianne wrote: »
    I don't have them myself, but have heard from numerous people that they are good for tweezing. You want pretty sharp tweezers with a fine end on them. The ends should also meet perfectly together. I get mine in Terrisales and they are around 18euro. You have to pay a little bit extra for good tweezers. Makes plucking easier.

Could you put the money towards buying fragrance or do you want to spend just the value of the voucher?
    Ah OK, I usually wax my brows as I can't bear plucking so I'll give the tweezermans a miss as I have no use for then and don't fancy spending €20 on a pair anyway.

I don't have to stick strictly to the voucher, I could put a bit extra towards it, don't want to go mad though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I'd definitely hit the Urban Decay counter, you may have loads of makeup but they should most definitely tempt you! Great deals on perfume there too and they also have The Body Shop, Burts Bees and stuff like that if you want bath and shower stuff!

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I'd definitely hit the Urban Decay counter, you may have loads of makeup but they should most definitely tempt you! Great deals on perfume there too and they also have The Body Shop, Burts Bees and stuff like that if you want bath and shower stuff!
    You've given me an idea actually, would it be possible to use the voucher towards a make up application?

• Advertisement
Advertisement