Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kellystown land...closed until when?

Options
  • 20-01-2013 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Any ideas when this is going to be opened again? Real pain trying to get to Intel from Drogheda. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Any ideas when this is going to be opened again? Real pain trying to get to Intel from Drogheda. :(

I have heard the word 'Indeffinately' used when asking the same question from locals Fingers.

I have also heard other stories but can't be sure they are true, so rather shut my gob until there is proof:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Yeah I heard "Until Further Notice" due to a sizeable crack found in the road , near the one way bridge ... pain in the ass having to go through Leixlip village everyday :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/emergencynews/wp/?p=557

Kellystown Lane, Leixlip
    By corporateservices | Published: 13/12/2012

Kellystown Lane in Leixlip (beside Intel) was closed in December 2012 as repairs were urgently required to the bridge over the Rye River. Work on the bridge is ongoing and it is likely that the road will remain closed until at least March 2013. Any inconvenience is regretted however it is unavoidable. Please continue to check Kildare County Council’s website for further updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Why do you need to go through Leixlip? Instead of turning left onto Kellystown lane, carry on towards Maynooth and instead of turning left to go to Tesco turn right, go past the canal bridge and straight down to Intel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Why do you need to go through Leixlip? Instead of turning left onto Kellystown lane, carry on towards Maynooth and instead of turning left to go to Tesco turn right, go past the canal bridge and straight down to Intel

i know thats the alternate route im taking....pain though and adds on to an already tedious journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 lynnd

I read in the local paper it will be closed till at least mid march can't remember the exact date

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

Peppa Pig wrote: »

I live on kellystown lane and you have your lefts and rights mixed up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭eddiej

Cosworth,

Are they actually doing anything yet on the bridge to fix it or what is the state of play down there at the mo. Adding nearly 15mins each way for me at the moment ratoath to celbridge

Thanks
    Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

eddiej wrote: »
    Cosworth,

Are they actually doing anything yet on the bridge to fix it or what is the state of play down there at the mo. Adding nearly 15mins each way for me at the moment ratoath to celbridge

Thanks
    Eddie

Not a single shovel has been lifted in nealy two months.
    There is a rumour that it may never reopen.
    Intel/IDA have a CPO on the land on the opposite side of the road and it is been contested in the highcourt soon as the owners do not want to sell.
    Intel want this road closed due to the new fab but i have spoken to them and they deny this.
    It has created some very bad relations with the neighbours by intel as we know we are been lied to.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

Well it seemed like an absolutely RIDICULOUS situation Cossie but its starting to make sense now...(Although I was cycling out that way around New years and there WAS an 'engineer' inspecting the bridge ...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Cosworth wrote: »
    Intel want this road closed due to the new fab but i have spoken to them and they deny this.(

How do you know they want the road closed if they're saying they don't want it closed? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

because large corporations would never lie to a local landowner ...

Leader article
    The farm, at Blaketown, is on the east or Maynooth side of Intel’s facility and is separated by a minor road, Kellystown lane, across which lies Intel.
    Anyone really think Intel would want a small country road separating their property?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Councillor

WE got the following update at this mornings Area Meeting of the Council:

"The area office has carried out a lot of work on this issue and has had meetings with contractors, designers, national parks and wildlife services, landowners and fisheries. At this stage, the earliest possible opening date for the road would be early April."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,091 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

You cant just close a public road, regardless of whatever designs third parties might have on it.

It would have to be reopened in its previous arrangment, then a statutory process commenced by KildareCoCo under the Roads Act 1993, including a public consultation, to consider abandoning it as a public right-of-way. I cant see that succeeding locally in a month of Sundays.

Anyone living local to it or who use it everyday should make sure their area Councillors get plenty of ear-warming about it.

Yes indeed !Intel are no doubt terrified of local councillors !:rolleyes:

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You cant just close a public road, regardless of whatever designs third parties might have on it.

There has been quite a 'democratic deficit' over the last 5 or 6 years in Ireland -combine that with a long tradition of gombeeenism/brown envelopes and I reckon it would be a betting man would ever envision that road being opened again if Intel get the go ahead to build 'extension'...

2011abc wrote: »
    Yes indeed !Intel are no doubt terrified of local councillors !:rolleyes:

Yeah and local councillors are terrified of the High Court, I suspect there's more than a few people who wouldnt hesitate to bring a case if the right of way on the Lane wasnt dealt with properly under the Roads Act.

Hi all,

Any sign of any action down there yet, keep meaning to spin down and have a look but just never seem to get a chance

Eddie

I still reckon it will never open again .Intel trumps High Court?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Kellystown Lane in Leixlip is scheduled to re-open on April 8th.

It was closed, suddenly, on December 12th, following the discovery of a crack in the road beside the Rye Water River bridge.

Kildare County Council says funding has been approved and work by the conservation artist is already underway.
    http://www.kfmradio.com/kfm-radio/local-news/kellystown-lane-to-re-open-on-april-8th.html

According to the current Liffey Champion they quote Kildare Co Co as saying April 8th "at the earliest"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Kildare COCO facebook page:

Works have commenced on site to repair Sandsfords Bridge, Kellystown Lane, Leixlip. The works should be completed in approximately 6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Latest from their facebook page.
    Sandsford Bridge Repairs Update
    works should be completed sooner than originally anticipated The bridge should be reopened on or before Monday 8th April 2013.

https://www.facebook.com/KildareCountyCouncil?fref=ts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Great news! That'll make life a lot easier for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Councillor

I have just been informed that Kellystown Lane will reopen this afternoon as the remedial works on Sandsford Bridge have been completed earlier than anticipated.

hallelujah

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

passed about 2pm today and they were starting to move the barriers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Well, is it open?

2011abc wrote: »
    There has been quite a 'democratic deficit' over the last 5 or 6 years in Ireland -combine that with a long tradition of gombeeenism/brown envelopes and I reckon it would be a betting man would ever envision that road being opened again if Intel get the go ahead to build 'extension'...

Any Grand National tips? I need to know which horses to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 colm1982

Doodoo wrote: »
    Well, is it open?

It's open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

Yeah went over the bridge 25 minutes ago. It is open.

Advertisement