Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Risk Western Ireland Jan 20-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

So met eireann think this band of precip will push inland tonight lets hope to god their right, have a gut feeling their wrong though what do ye think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

noobsnow95 wrote: »
    So met eireann think this band of precip will push inland tonight lets hope to god their right, have a gut feeling their wrong though what do ye think ?

Hope not, Love to see a flurry or two in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Looking good for Dingle Penninsula on met eireanns 3 hour forecast to 9pm
    http://www.met.ie/weathermaps/3hr-rain.gif

Looks light on the radar for now and has fragmented alot since 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The gfs and ukmo say no and that's good enough for me.
    Radar backs this up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Raining here in south kerry now. Temp still dropping tho. Similar set up to last night hopefully. Rain eventually turned to snow. Currently 1.9c

• Advertisement

You can clearly see on the UK radar how the ppn is moving South again. (away from Ireland)
    I really do think Met Eireann's forecast of widespread showers is yet another mind boggling exercise. Can they not just take the model consensus rather than putting their own abstract version on it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

You can clearly see on the UK radar how the ppn is moving South again. (away from Ireland)
    I really do think Met Eireann's forecast of widespread showers is yet another mind boggling exercise. Can they not just take the model consensus rather than putting their own abstract version on it?!

Yeah seems to be heading south east away from us.met Eireann were following the Hirlam I say.

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

Radar has improved a bit now though.
    Worth watching over the next couple of hours

Precipitation seems to be pepping up a bit again at 8pm http://www.met.ie/weathermaps/radar2/WEB_radar3_201301212000.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bondurant

The precipitation isn't all that far from where the Hirlam forecast it to be at 20:00, maybe 50km west. Wouldn't write chances of it reaching Cork off just yet.
    Cork Airport TAF saying snow from 21:00 to 02:00, but that was over 2.5 hours ago

• Advertisement

just by observing the last two update on met radar it look as if the radar has pushed a bit more inland and doesnt seem to be fizzling out as of yet, could this be possible that i might move more inland still ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

What's the expert opinion on snow in NW Cork tonight? I'm fairly confident of it, that precip seems to be getting better from the 8pm radar, now keeping an eye out for the 8:15 one

marno21 wrote: »
    What's the expert opinion on snow in NW Cork tonight? I'm fairly confident of it, that precip seems to be getting better from the 8pm radar, now keeping an eye out for the 8:15 one

Creeping inland further on the 8.15 & 8.30 radar updates, we live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Tonight feels more like its going to snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

another night, another night of another system that appears to be crawling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

What are the chances of Galway City getting a little bit this time?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Satarting to fizzle out it seems

Come on only another 15km or so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Current precipitation chart.red = snow, grey = rain

[IMG][/img]abm51u.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Seaneh wrote: »
    What are the chances of Galway City getting a little bit this time?
    Looks like no chance....and looks like we wont get any snow from this cold spell..re galway mayo..sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    Current precipitation chart.red = snow, grey = rain

[IMG][/img]abm51u.jpg

Well thats my bubble burst :(

• Advertisement

This is starting to look very interesting!!
    The radar ppn hasn't died out as earlier feared and the 18z has nudged it slightly further North leaving it gliding across the South coast
    Corkonians we could be on for another night of action!!
    Also it's freezing solid here already which will mean, unlike last night, any snow that falls will stick readily!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thread should be renamed Snow Risk South West Ireland.

:(

The gfs and ukmo say no and that's good enough for me.
    Radar backs this up
    This is turning into a bad day at the office for the hirlam, its not even a hint of a flake, unless a shower forms after this cloudy line its just a night of frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Extremely cold here tonight, temperatures already below freezing by the looks of things. Heavy frost on grass and car at the moment. I don't know about any precipitation but its certainly very chilly out this evening.

ME are fairly certain that we will see snow this evening, moving along the coast ending up by Wexford and Wicklow at dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

This front looks like its fizzling out over Kerry. :(

chances of limerick getting snow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭chatjunkie

Never seems to be our turn unfortunately!! Would love to c some snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

No chance id say...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I dunno where those charts are going with the precipitation in parts of Kerry, not so much as a drop or flake has fallen in Tralee all evening. Its freezing out though which means the wet roads are going to be like glass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,926 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I was hoping Deep Easterly would have something magical to say about getting snow in Tuam but it seems he closed his account. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement