Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Risk Western Ireland Jan 20-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Same here and i am alot further west, its like its going around me :(
    Light snow now :D Farranfore

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Popoutman wrote: »
    ~2 degrees and currently dry in Castletroy, Limerick. Mostly overcast, with small breaks in the cloud showing high cirrus cover. Moon poking through every so often but surrounded by a small hazy corona.

Just hope it gets up this far, seems to be taking an age making it's way up through Cork and Kerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

why was there a second thread created in the first place?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    why was there a second thread created in the first place?
    Because not everyone wants to spend the night trawling through "OMG there is some light sleet in Dublin 6" posts :)

Power to the west :D

marno21 wrote: »
    Because not everyone wants to spend the night trawling through "OMG there is some light sleet in Dublin 6" posts :)

Power to the west :D

ahhhh, good point. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Light snow in South Kerry now at a temp of 1.2

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Reports from the other thread of snow in Tralee
    That's the problem with 2 threads!!

I had to work through 15 pages of the other thread before I realised there was a separate one for the West and South! And I was only away from the laptop for a couple hours... :pac:

I haven't checked but I'm sure someone in that thread is redirecting lost W, SW, S boardsie's over to this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The only reason i am letting it slide is because Munster won, youse can have your moment. Snow and knocking Leinster out in one day!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Light snow in north Kerry for last 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭irishgeo

2-4 inches predicted by accuweather for mayo.

it will be fun watching people who dont how to drive in snow , try to drive in snow. it will be excuse to arrive late as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Light snow in South Kerry now at a temp of 1.2

Roughly what part of south kerry you in kevo? Im just outside cahersiveen. Raining here. 3.0c with a dp of -4.0

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

irishgeo wrote: »

it will be fun watching people who dont how to drive in snow , try to drive in snow. it will be excuse to arrive late as well.

We will take that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Proper snow falling in Tralee now as opposed to sleety stuff for the past 30 mins, not sticking yet but if it gets much heavier it could start to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,270 ✭✭✭squonk

Can see the moon through high cloud here in north Clare. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭budweiser6

I can guarantee if it snows in Limerick tonight I'll be the one making the snowman at 4am even though I have to get to work.... or maybe I'll be feeling too ill to go:D!! Either way I'll be posting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

irishgeo wrote: »

I would seriously doubt those figures this band of precipitation is a very weak affair, even us here in Galway would be lucky to see an inch and I would say the majority of any snow will be across Connemara and parts of South West Mayo.

West Munster is looking a lot better but only just imo, this has to be the worst precip band ever :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

SeaFields wrote: »
    Roughly what part of south kerry you in kevo? Im just outside cahersiveen. Raining here. 3.0c with a dp of -4.0

Just outside Killarney, Light snow and not settling.
    Current temp 1.0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

elvis99 wrote: »

I would seriously doubt those figures this band of precipitation is a very weak affair, even us here in Galway would be lucky to see an inch and I would say the majority of any snow will be across Connemara and parts of South West Mayo.

West Munster is looking a lot better but only just imo, this has to be the worst precip band ever :pac:
    if it was a rain band, it would be in like a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Cold, slight breeze and cloudy in Shannon. Not much happening. Awaiting the white.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

mrsoundie wrote: »
    Cold, slight breeze and cloudy in Shannon. Not much happening. Awaiting the white.

This front is moving at a snail pace..also looks to be breaking up quite a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 emac82

3deg and heavy rain here in bandon! Not looking great

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tu2j2

From the rainfall radar it doesn't look to be making much progress at the moment and the hour forecast doesn't show much further progress inland either for the next few hours.

I'm in Roachestown and there's nothing of interest happening here, I've to leave for Dublin soon though so I won't get to see it at this stage anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Snowing here ... That's a while back seeing that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Nothing in rochestown / passage west but is beginning to rain

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

Do people think the front will reach limerick suburbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

light rain for past hour in Douglas Cork @80m . 2c , being hovering around that since lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Orange = heat ?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

snaps wrote: »
    if it was a rain band, it would be in like a shot!

I agree snaps bar a few flakes its not doing much here, hope it intensifies some time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

The precip is just to light at the moment, the heavier stuff should start arriving around 10pm. But it has been downgraded based on what the NAE model is showing.

If we get heavier precip then we have a shot maybe of some snow in Cork city, at the moment, just cold drizzle, you couldn't even call it rain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement