Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Risk Western Ireland Jan 20-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

Met Eireann update: Possibly 5-10cm for south connaught

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    few flakes dropping in west clare :eek: come on more!

I was in Kilkee today and it was fair cold.

Back in East Clare now....nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

jazz101 wrote: »
    Definitely snowing here now, but nowhere near enough to blanket the ground in a nice white. Only seen that once in me life. Most of it is visibly melting before it hits the ground. Still, you could watch it forever!

Let's have a nice belated Christmas blanket, school being cancelled tomorrow wouldn't break me heart.

Hopefully its just the beginning.

Nothing doing in Craughwell. Temp is 1.2, Dew point is -0.7, but that big lump of precipatory goodness is just hanging to the west, it seems to move slower the more I look at it. Am quitting now and going to bed, hoping to wake up to a blanket of snow so thick that I cant get my car out of the drive. But I wont be holding my breath .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Probably closer to you than I am Mallow. Mallow is in my address so anytime I'm in Tralee and I need to give my address there they always wonder why I've come so far.

Still snowing away here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

New met warning

Warnings

Weather Warning

Issued at 20 January 2013 - 22:17
    Snow
    Eastern counties of Ulster and Leinster will experience wintry showers overnight and during Monday. Near the coast the showers will mainly fall as sleet, with any snow quickly melting on the ground. However, further inland, and especially on higher ground, snow will tend to accumulate to depths of 3 to 8cm.

Also, in west Munster, and possibly southern parts of Connacht, rain and sleet will turn to snow inland with accumulations of 5 to 10 cm, and up to 15 cm in the Kerry and Cork mountains.

Valid 22:00 Sunday 20th January to 16:00 Monday 21st January 2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Must be close to Limerick City now, still feck all here....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Still nothing in Galway yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

vickers209 wrote: »
    New met warning

Warnings

Weather Warning

Issued at 20 January 2013 - 22:17
    Snow
    Eastern counties of Ulster and Leinster will experience wintry showers overnight and during Monday. Near the coast the showers will mainly fall as sleet, with any snow quickly melting on the ground. However, further inland, and especially on higher ground, snow will tend to accumulate to depths of 3 to 8cm.

Also, in west Munster, and possibly southern parts of Connacht, rain and sleet will turn to snow inland with accumulations of 5 to 10 cm, and up to 15 cm in the Kerry and Cork mountains.

Valid 22:00 Sunday 20th January to 16:00 Monday 21st January 2013

That says to me "Front has stalled and won't be budging for the night, ye can feck off in Cork City, no snow for ye lads"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

The snow won't go further east than a certain line in cork! Never seen the likes. Is this front supposed to go south east eventually?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

The snow won't go further east than a certain line in cork! Never seen the likes. Is this front supposed to go south east eventually?

NE according to met eireann

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

It's very sleet-like now in Connemara, melting as soon as it hits the ground. Feck's sake. I blame the coalition.. and Steve Staunton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

This front is predicted by the 18z to move a tad further East before slipping South tomorrow. Can it stretch the extra 50 miles into Cork City.
    If yes it's Bingo, if no it's nothing!!

By the way tomorrow night looks a cert!!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

yeah whats goin on like ? been watchin it , and its hittin that point since about 6 o clock and not going any further :mad: been watchin both met site and raintoday !!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Come to Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

This front is predicted by the 18z to move a tad further East before slipping South tomorrow. Can it stretch the extra 50 miles into Cork City.
    If yes it's Bingo, if no it's nothing!!

By the way tomorrow night looks a cert!!

What's a cert for tomorrow night? Looking at Hirlam and don't see to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Mid clare here. Nothing so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

mother nature i need to have a word with you. right now. feckin not on at all like :mad:

Is it just me or has the wind picked up in Galway city?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

RuthieRose wrote: »
    Come to Galway!

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but hehe, worst map ever wherever you found it. Killarney is where Caherciveen should be, Mullingar has miraculously turned into Athlone (they should be so lucky), and Redcastle, Co Donegal has morphed into the second largest city in Northern Ireland.:p

deccurley wrote: »

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but hehe, worst map ever wherever you found it. Killarney is where Caherciveen should be, Mullingar has miraculously turned into Athlone (they should be so lucky), and Redcastle, Co Donegal has morphed into the second largest city in Northern Ireland.:p

Hahaha didn't notice. That's what I get for snooping around the east coasters!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

Is it just me or has the wind picked up in Galway city?

Just you ruthie. Youre the only one in Galway lamppost watching.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

dermiek wrote: »

:pac:

I'm watching too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Birtles

still raining. 2.1 degrees.
    went to the pub and drove up to about 650 ft asl and nothing but rain not even slushy sleet!

dermiek wrote: »

Haha! Telly is crap! On the plus side I get to people watch at the same time!!! Nothing exciting to report there either!!!!!!

davidsr20 wrote: »

I'm watching too lol

See!!! I'm not the only snow freek in the city. You and me davidsr20 have to stick together!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

lamp post watching is done for the night. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Zombee

Also lamp post watching in Galway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

See!!! I'm not the only snow freek in the city. You and me davidsr20 have to stick together!!!

theres definetly more lurking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    lamp post watching is done for the night. :(
    Giving up watching here too, 2.2c too warm for proper snow, hope it gets colder later while i am snoring :pac: Wet snow at best here, not sticking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

This front stall over Cork brings the donkey from Sminky Shorts to mind!

"I just cannn duwett!" "I cannn duwet!" :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement