Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Risk Western Ireland Jan 20-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

Very small flakes of snow now falling in Louisburgh,west Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Aphex Tim wrote: »
    Radio Kerry saying its snowing on The Connor Pass

If it's snowing there, it should also be snowing on the Annascaul road. Dingle could get cut off quite easily.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Is there any reduction in the amount of snow planned for NW Cork tonight? The light blue area on the map seems to be receeding which slightly worries me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Just stuck my head out the door in Castlebar, bone dry here.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

gaius c wrote: »
    If it's snowing there, it should also be snowing on the Annascaul road. Dingle could get cut off quite easily.
    Gleann Na Gealt might have snow too for sure but the hard working council employees will be out in force and keep it clear for sure ;)
    Conor Pass is higher and not a National Primary so may be closed in the morning if the snow is heavy tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kilnababe

snowing in north Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

davidsr20 wrote: »

I'm watching too lol

No snow in Galway yet. Wonder what the morning will bring 3degrees right now

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

RuthieRose wrote: »
    Haha! Telly is crap! On the plus side I get to people watch at the same time!!! Nothing exciting to report there either!!!!!!

I'd love a job like that! Getting paid to be a peeping tom!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Kilnababe wrote: »
    snowing in north Clare

Send it down this way!!! *East Clare*

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

Kilnababe wrote: »
    snowing in north Clare

Its on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I hope that big light blue blotch on the map near Teermoyle mountain right now heads ENE.

It's finally starting to stick to the road here :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Gleann Na Gealt might have snow too for sure but the hard working council employees will be out in force and keep it clear for sure ;)
    Conor Pass is higher and not a National Primary so may be closed in the morning if the snow is heavy tonight
    A person was airlifted out of the Conor pass earlier. not going to name names, but she was swimming at Pedlar's Lake and does so regularly.Yes, really!!

A person was airlifted out of the Conor pass earlier. not going to name names, but she was swimming at Pedlar's Lake and does so regularly.Yes, really!!

Was it you? :eek:

Hypothermia or snow blindness ? :D
    Seriously though if true hope she is ok, she the one swimming in Russia or somewhere lately? On six one training in an ice bath in the dingle fish plant?

Just found the story now,
    http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/woman-with-hypothermia-airlifted-to-hospital-after-swim-in-west-kerry/

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

Snowing here near Killarney. And it is sticking. Place is white. Elevation about 500 feet

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Yes ,it was her.Hypothermia, which would be odd for her, I'd imagine.She's back home now, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,270 ✭✭✭squonk

Nothing going on in North Clare yet. Very quiet out there altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Raintoday finally updated... Should be in Galway city soon if its right!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

seems to be finally making the slow journey eastwards again

Snowing in ogonelloe, East Clare :D

• Advertisement

kfk wrote: »
    Snowing here near Killarney. And it is sticking. Place is white. Elevation about 500 feet
    Getting more and more like proper snow in Farranfore now too, should start sticking soon at this rate, colder uppers must be coming in now, might get a covering at low levels after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Just looked out, dry again.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

looking at the radar, you would think kerry was being smashed with snow for the last few hours!!!!!!!!!!!!

aboyro wrote: »
    looking at the radar, you would think kerry was being smashed with snow for the last few hours!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Was light now moderate but heavier in some spots id say, getting less wet by the minute and heavier too, hope it makes it east to ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

seems to be finally making the slow journey eastwards again

Met Eireann chart shows it disappearing?!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Met Eireann chart shows it disappearing?!

WTF is that all about. Raintoday is showing a big yellowy orange thing nearly at my house :(

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

aboyro wrote: »

It is very light precip though, so what ever is falling is light. Also looks like Shannon had a blip on the 00:00 update of the radar, so that is why precip is not showing.

I would have expected something heavier to have come in at this stage, but it looks to have stalled and is very light. For Cork city to see anything we need it to be heavier. At the moment still just getting cold drizzle. If the front does get moving we still have a slight chance of some snow.

The temp here is currently 2c with a dew point of -0.51 so very marginal for snow, if we get a slight temp drop or heavy precip, could still happen. But it is more hope casting at this stage I reckon.

Spindle wrote: »
    It is very light precip though, so what ever is falling is light. Also looks like Shannon had a blip on the 00:00 update of the radar, so that is why precip is not showing.

I would have expected something heavier to have come in at this stage, but it looks to have stalled and is very light. For Cork city to see anything we need it to be heavier. At the moment still just getting cold drizzle. If the front does get moving we still have a slight chance of some snow.

The temp here is currently 2c with a dew point of -0.51 so very marginal for snow, if we get a slight temp drop or heavy precip, could still happen. But it is more hope casting at this stage I reckon.

Has gotten alot heavier here this last hour and sticking now, was light for ages so fingers crossed it moves east once it dumps a few cms here, keep the faith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

Has gotten alot heavier here this last hour and sticking now, was light for ages so fingers crossed it moves east once it dumps a few cms here, keep the faith

Where in Kerry are you? Met Eireann radar has precipitation fading away in all but the very west of Kerry and Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

The precip seems to be moving further south than was modeled keeping the heaviest precip off the coast, Kerry and a bit of West Cork will get the heavy stuff over the next few hours. Enjoy

Also when was the last time you saw this Valentia has the lowest temp of all the Met Eireann stations on the 00:00 report, also the only one showing Sleet :)

I have all but given up on Cork city, if there is snow tomorrow then it will be a happy accident :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement