Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any indoor basketball courts?

Options
  • 12-04-2012 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Doesn't matter if indoor or outdoor. Preferably, indoor though :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jased10s

I will ask a member of the titans, If not try the park at Roscam which has a lovley free outdoor court with sea views.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I know in years gone by St Marys used to leave the hoops up most of the time, fairly sure they still do.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Molloy10

Is there any indoor basketball courts apart from the Arus and the Community Centre you can play for free by yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I'd say no.

There are costs involved in operating an indoor hall most notably electricity and insurance. I know that the hall beside Scoil Einde (which has basketball hoops) in Salthill is available for rent. www.powersoccer.ie use in on Sundays and it also used for karate and gymnastics.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Molloy10

??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Scoil Einde primary school in Salthill has an indoor basketball hall available for rent.

The hall is well lit and is used for lots of stuff all week long and at weekends

Im guessing Moneenageisha, Claddagh Hall and Renmore community centre are still in operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Moneenageisha- we used to play there.
    But you need libality insurance for the year which will set you back about €180 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

I know in years gone by St Marys used to leave the hoops up most of the time, fairly sure they still do.

That's because they are not removable. You are not allowed to play on them. Liability etc.

cL0h wrote: »
    That's because they are not removable. You are not allowed to play on them. Liability etc.
    I know plenty of people who have played there plenty of times over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

I know plenty of people who have played there plenty of times over the years.

Doesn't mean you are allowed to. If they allowed you then they would have a duty of care which means you could sue them if you got hurt. You think the Catholic Church are going to fall for that one? Ich don't think so.

Advertisement