Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Internet Access

Options
  • 20-01-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi i have a problem connecting too the internet.On the bottom right hand corner of the screen were the broadband symbol is a yellow icon appears.When i click on the symbol it says no network access +unidentifed network.I have got on to eircom and they sent out a man he siad the line was clear.I also got somebody to look at the computer also and could not find a fault.Any advice would be a great help as i had no broadband for 6hrs today because of that yellow icon appearing.THANKS:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭vulmac

I have had this problem at times on wired broadband. The only way I found around this is to right click the broadband icon. Select open network and sharing centre.click change adapter settings the column on the left side. Right click local area connection. Select disable then click diagnose. Normally windows will then report that the adapter is disabled ans will give you the option to repair as administrator and your back to normal. I have a Hp touchsmart pc and I have tried everywhere for a fix for the Nvidia ethernet adapter nothing works that is out there.I have had to uninstall the adapter at times then reinstall it.This may sound long winded but when you do it a few times it takes less than a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭County rebel

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Thanks for the response i presume its a computer problem so not a problem with eircom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Are you sure the correct wireless password was entered.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭County rebel

areyawell wrote: »
    Are you sure the correct wireless password was entered.
    never asked for a password to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try disable power saving on the network adaptor. Go into Device Manager (Right click computer icon in start menu>Properties>Device Manager on the left), locate the network adaptor under "network adaptors". Right click the problematic adaptor>properties and look for "Turn off this device when not in use to save power" or something similar

Nick

Advertisement