Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westmanstown Sport Complex

Options
  • 20-01-2013 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from City Centre to Westmanstown Complex on an evening via bus or rail?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

Not the easiest to get to via public transport to be honest. You could get the train to Clonsilla and walk the rest but its far enough along a dodgy road with no foot-path.
    I think there is also an infrequent bus that runs between Lucan and Blanchardstown that passes by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I think there is also an infrequent bus that runs between Lucan and Blanchardstown that passes by it.

The 239 passes by it,there's a stop located outside Westmanstown iirc. You could get the 239 from Lucan village or Blanchardstown Centre or Clonsilla. It's not very regular but it's the only option in terms of public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

If i got a train to Clonsilla, would it be handy to get a taxi then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Ladjacket wrote: »
    You'd be doing well to get a taxi at clonsilla station tbh, I've never seen any set down nearby and it's not a great spot for trying to flag one down. If you have a smartphone you could download the hailo app and use that to get a taxi from clonsilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Ladjacket wrote: »

Get a bus to Lucan village. There's a taxi rank in the village beside the bus stop. It will cost well below a tenner to get a taxi to Westmanstown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Paulzx wrote: »
    Get a bus to Lucan village. There's a taxi rank in the village beside the bus stop. It will cost well below a tenner to get a taxi to Westmanstown

Its closer to €15 from the village if I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Its closer to €15 from the village if I recall.

How could it be that much? It's not even two miles?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Peg Leg

Heroditas wrote: »
    How could it be that much? It's not even two miles?

You would be talking at least a tenner!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's a good bit more than 2 miles, nearly 3 miles (4.4km) and it will cost €10 according to this taxi fare calculator :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Small bump, maybe one day someone will search for this thread

Walked from Lucan to Westmanstown and afterwards to Clonsilla

Not recommended for walking at all! Lots of blind corners and drivers bombing around them. Just very dodgy

The only footpath is by the Liffey before you take the hairpin turn out of Lucan. For the rest you have no footpath

Alas the 239 does not run on Sundays so I had no other option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

How long did it take to walk to Clonsilla train station from Westmanstown as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's the guts of a mile, so I'd say about 15 minutes

Advertisement