Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster broadband slow

• 20-01-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody else is finding Munster broadband very slow lately?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

my mam has it was up at hers the other day thought im smash the laptop off the ground was so slow the 3g on my smartfone was faster loader im lucky ive magnet and its great where in the city are u

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Thanks for the reply. I'm in Castleconnell so my options are limited. I've been fairly happy with the service usually getting 2-3Mb/s which is fine but this last week I'm lucky if I get a fraction of that. Time to fire them an email I think see what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

hahaha ya i no iwork in castleconnell mam lives in newport so i no what u no mean vodafone is a good enuf broadband as well u should try them or eircom but u need a fone line

Yeah no phone so eircoms out and the mobile signal is crap in the house so Vodafone is out too. In fairness I'm paying Munster broadband for 3Mb/s and was getting that without problems but its slowed significantly recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

hahaha ya i no iwork in castleconnell mam lives in newport so i no what u no mean vodafone is a good enuf broadband as well u should try them or eircom but u need a fone line

Bad news for all in Newport.
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056855430

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭steve3194

Im also having the same problems. Living in casteconnell. Speed used to be great and very reliable but the last few weeks have been bad never getting the 3mb Im paying for always 2.3 or 2.4 or at peak times a lot less.

I've been on to support several times with no joy the same guy telling me he was changing setting and it should be ok now etc.

Last time he emailed me he said the following

We will be replacing some equipment in your area soon, the parts are ordered and we need to schedule time for the change.

Hope this isn't just some excuse that they don't follow up on.

Got a call from them today to say that they did some work in the area on Sunday and things should have improved but I'm not home so don't know if its any better. Ill be back onto them if it's not back up to 3Mb/s as that's what I was getting consistently

macgabhs wrote: »
    Got a call from them today to say that they did some work in the area on Sunday and things should have improved but I'm not home so don't know if its any better. Ill be back onto them if it's not back up to 3Mb/s as that's what I was getting consistently

Hopefully it will be resolved. They were great a while back no issues at all.

I hope they get upgrades set up soon. Emailed them tonight asking when they thought it would be done. Getting a bit impatient to be honest.

It hasn't been right since long before christmas

Let me know how yours is when you get back

Home now. It does seem to be better than it was last week and I'm getting between 1.3 and 2Mb/s which is still less than I used to get so I think I'll get back onto them. What speeds are you getting this evening? Oh how I miss the 50Mb/s UPC connection I had in Galway last year!

Just did a test now and got 2.79; which is grand, but earlier tonight I was getting about 1.6.
    I'd get back onto them if I were you. Besides the more of us that complain the better the chances that they'll fix it.

I just think that when you're paying for 3mb/s anything below 2.80 consistently isn't right.

If your going to be getting 1.6mb/s thats what you should be paying for.

About a year or two ago when they had no problems one of the guys doing tech support for them told me that the lowest it should be at peak times is
    2.70mb/s.

Lucky to get that at anytime of day now.

• Advertisement

Getting less than you pay for is standard in the bb world... See my Newport thread in Vodafone.... I'm paying for 8 and lucky to get 1.69. http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056855430

Can you tell me what your pings and jitter are and upload please?
    Use pingtest.net

Thanks

Hi Yankinlk I did a ping test this morning and got this result

76055035.png

Result from Speedtest.net is,

2458597360.png

Speed is still not great but probably reasonable for this time of the morning it went up to 2.8 late yesterday evening same as Steve got.

Thanks. If its not too much trouble would love to see the results for evening, say anytime after 8pm. For Vodafone it's like the tap is literally turned off.

See joeface' comical reply from Vodafone support, to use the broadband at a different time!

Hi Yankinlk heres the results from this evening

76082646.png
    2460063315.png

Thanks. The packet loss is a killer all right. That's a pity, I was hoping to see if they would take me back. I don't think the exchanges are handling the load for dsl, so that knocks out a lot of options.

Advertisement