Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New dog mixing with old dog

• 20-01-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

Went to dogs trust today and we expressed our interest in a 2 year old lab male, he gets on we'll with other dogs.

I have a 10year old lab code female who generally is good with other dogs, I brig her into work with me (I work in a pet shop) and she gets on well with most dogs, however as she's an old girl she can get grumpy sometimes.

Both dogs are meeting on Wednesday to see how they'll get on, I'm execting some growls and barks exchanged but then playtime!

I just want to see if anyone on here has and tips or advice on making things easier on both dogs while getting to know each other. I'm hoping that things will go smoothly and that my old girl will be patient.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

as a rule you would be unlucky if they dont get on as male and female are usually a good combination to settle with each other and at 2 he should be well over the puppy stage which can be annoying for an older settled dog

once settled expect a new lease of life from your old girl

hope all goes well and well done for such a kind act another dog for a good home

Advertisement