Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Bath

• 20-01-2013 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all!
    Im looking for a large container or tub to wash a very large Newfoundland and was wondering if anybody knows where i could find one that wont break the bank. Dont want anything fancy, just a plastic tub that is approx 4ft by 2ft and 2ft deep. Have checked the DIY shops and pet stores and even online and have seen the usual tubs, storage boxes and even purpose built dog baths but they tend to be a bit small or a bit pricey for what they are! Any suggestions? Surely im not the first person who has run into this problem? Anybody find an unusual or simple solution for this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭carav10

Gun Monkey wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Im looking for a large container or tub to wash a very large Newfoundland and was wondering if anybody knows where i could find one that wont break the bank. Dont want anything fancy, just a plastic tub that is approx 4ft by 2ft and 2ft deep. Have checked the DIY shops and pet stores and even online and have seen the usual tubs, storage boxes and even purpose built dog baths but they tend to be a bit small or a bit pricey for what they are! Any suggestions? Surely im not the first person who has run into this problem? Anybody find an unusual or simple solution for this?
    Thanks

Maybe I'm being simplistic :-) But do you have a bath??? Or is he too big for even that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

I found a large kids 'clam shaped' sand box / water pit with a matching lid dumped (probably by nearby travellers) by the bins outside work one evening and brought it home. Dirty but otherwise perfect. Bout 4ft x 3ft x a foot deep.

We use it as a digging pit filled with sand and earth out in his yard area... And lift off the lid (same shape) and use it as a bath on the deck. As he's a husky - he's rarely washed - BUT it was so handy to stand him in it and pour pots of water over him to wash out the shampoo.

You might get one in a large toy shop or Argos? Hope this helps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭Gun Monkey

Ya, have a bath and that was what we were using all along but he is full grown now and a bit of a nightmare to bathe. He isn't a fan of bathtime and he destroys the whole place with water and his nails are destroying the tub!:mad:

Hooked wrote: »
    I found a large kids 'clam shaped' sand box / water pit with a matching lid dumped (probably by nearby travellers) by the bins outside work one evening and brought it home. Dirty but otherwise perfect. Bout 4ft x 3ft x a foot deep.

We use it as a digging pit filled with sand and earth out in his yard area... And lift off the lid (same shape) and use it as a bath on the deck. As he's a husky - he's rarely washed - BUT it was so handy to stand him in it and pour pots of water over him to wash out the shampoo.

You might get one in a large toy shop or Argos? Hope this helps...

Might be an option, thanks!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

How about a second hand bath tub, that you can put outside and wash him there, then it won't matter if water goes everywhere. I put towels on the bottom before filling up, to stop them scratching the bottom too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

ISDW wrote: »
    How about a second hand bath tub, that you can put outside and wash him there, then it won't matter if water goes everywhere. I put towels on the bottom before filling up, to stop them scratching the bottom too much

Was just thinking the same.

There's probably a few going free (like this one) if you search the adverts.ie, done deal or buy and sell...

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/bathroom/4372561

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

https://www.build4less.ie/product_info.php?products_id=7072

something like this, water tank for attic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

Gun Monkey wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Thanks

what area are you in i have an old household std bath your welcome to it foc im in county limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mirekb

Do you guys fill up a tub, or use the shower head to rinse them off?

jimf wrote: »
    what area are you in i have an old household std bath your welcome to it foc im in county limerick

Wicklow!.... but thanks anyway.
    Thanks guys, have a couple of options there to look at.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Sometimes co-op stores have big plastic heavy duty troughs/tubs.

Advertisement