Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cables need to connect Toshiba C660 laptop to tv

Options
  • 20-01-2013 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Folks I have tried hard to find out exactly what I need but I need some expertise to assist!

LapTop is Tosh C660 with only VGA output. TV is tosh rzv635 ..with all inputs

Option 1 Connecting through yellow,red,white cable, s video from the VGA on the laptop. Anyone know if that will work? If so please post a link of where I can buy this. Would need to be about 2.5 feet long.

Option 2. Getting a VGA to HDMI converter plus 2 cables.VGA-HDMI, and HDMI-HDMI on the tv. If this works can anyone post links of the correct items to buy?

Are there any other options for this? many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You said the TV has 'all inputs' so I'm assuming it has a VGA port. The model no. for the TV which you posted above is nowhere to be found on the Toshiba website or anywhere else. Your simplest option is a VGA to VGA cable and for audio you'll need a 3.5mm jack (headphone plug) to left and right phono/RCA plugs, it looks like this, you can buy them in different lengths. The plug on the left goes into your PC headphone socket, the other two plugs go into the TV.

But beside the VGA port on the TV there may be a headphone socket which is the 'audio in' port from a PC (instead of red and white phono sockets) in which case what you'll need is a cable with a 3.5mm jack at each end i.e. the left plug below at both ends of the cable.

stereo-audio-3-5mm-jack-2-rca-m-cable-1-5m-mtgeneraltrading-0908-16-mtgeneraltrading@11.jpg

Advertisement