Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the best place on the Internet to buy an unlock code

Options
  • 20-01-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I just want a website to download or get an unlock code. Where is the best place? Only straight answers please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

What phone are you trying to unlock, and from what network?
    We'll need more details than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 evan.b

I'm trying to unlock a Nokia lumia 800 and I think it's with Vodafone

Where did you buy the phone?

I'll be totally honest: you've two posts, both about this phone, you don't know what network it is even on.
    With all due respect, and correct me if I am wrong, but it seems very sketchy.

Ill get you the imei number by 2 Moro. Sketchy? I'm trying to unlock a phone my father gave me it was his work phone and he doesn't use it any more but he uses a Vodafone SIM card and every time he switches phone his number stays with him just takes out the sim. So the phone doesn't have a sim and I think it's locked so I want a website that can give me an unlock code.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

dont post your imei anywhere.once someone has your imei then its theirs to do what they want. just go onto ebay and for a few quid you can get it unlocked

• Advertisement

Thanks mate do u recommend any one on eBay?

evan.b wrote: »
    Ill get you the imei number by 2 Moro. Sketchy? I'm trying to unlock a phone my father gave me it was his work phone and he doesn't use it any more but he uses a Vodafone SIM card and every time he switches phone his number stays with him just takes out the sim. So the phone doesn't have a sim and I think it's locked so I want a website that can give me an unlock code.

Evan, thank you for correcting me. Surely you can understand where I am coming from, and where suspicion would be raised. Apologies if that offended you: it was not the intention whatsoever.

As for the phone unlock code, I have found it available online for just over €11. They seem very reputable, and well regarded.

http://www.mrunlock.com/?manufacturer=128&id%5B15%5D%5Bt%5D=9230&countries=103&id%5B21%5D%5Bt%5D=272

This link will direct you to the solution especially for your current set-up (Lumia 800, Vodafone).

Best of luck, and do tell us how you get on. And, again, I hope you were not offended. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Thanks mate do u recommend any one on eBay?
    i've just used whoever is cheapest. never had any hassle,and If you do have problems your refunded your money if you send a video proving the code doesnt work

Thanks for the link ill try it and post back soon. No worries about that I understand where ur comin from no offence taken. First time having an account on boards that's why not many posts. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Before you pay just put your sim card in and see if it is unlock, I was given a HTC Desire HD that was bought on the meteor network, i put my 3 sim in and it was unlocked, my friends Samsung S3 also on the metor network was unocked and my mothers Samsung S2 is unlocked from the Vodafone network without asking.

• Advertisement

Ya ill try it but I don't have my micro SIM card yet and I'm going to get it with meteor and try and keep my number from a normal sim but when I do I'll try it but most o the time the phones I try are locked

Can I ask, is this an upgrade phone, from your dad's contract?
    If this is the case, you can usually ask them for the code directly, and they'll give it to you.

They do this sometimes as they know you can't run off and not pay the bills. They have you caught up, so don't mind unlocking it.

No it's a work phone all of the phones he gets are from work so I tried ringing Vodafone and they said that to unlock it it's all on there website but u need a password to get into account and because he is given the phone from work and not Vodafone he has never got a password to get in so I want to try and get around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Also something to be weary of - If the phone is under a year old it is still in warranty.

Getting your phone unlocked by anyone other than your network voids your warranty.

Ya but they don't have any unlock codes for Nokia lumia 800

No it's a work phone all of the phones he gets are from work so I tried ringing Vodafone and they said that to unlock it it's all on there website but u need a password to get into account and because he is given the phone from work and not Vodafone he has never got a password to get in so I want to try and get around that.

You can try registering with the phone number. Set up a whole new account.

If he is already registered there is an option for a forgotten password link.

Ok ya but he doesn't know if his contract is up because he only uses phones from work and never really had any talks with Vodafone

Ok ya but he doesn't know if his contract is up because he only uses phones from work and never really had any talks with Vodafone

You can still register.

Ok ya

So I have had one person so far who gave me a website to go to and he knows who he is so does any one else have a WEBSITE please. Just lookin for more options

• Advertisement

Maybe someone can confirm (it is still unconfirmed, but seems true from previous thread), but I read that the Nokia codes (for Lumia handsets) are a special code only known by the manufacturer and the network.

I wouldn't know now would need help on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

You need to know wat company it is locked to before you can unlock it. Therefore you need to try different sim cards in it to establish this. Just google unlock phone and you will get any amount of options. When it is unlocked in order to use the internet you may need to get the settings and input them or else use an app from google play called tweakker. i used code-calculator.co.uk and this unlocked a phone for me but had to use tweakker for the internet settings. If it is a company phone you will need the companys permission to get the unlock code.

Advertisement