Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow has arrived..

• 20-01-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Kids gone banannas, dog confused, first flurries of snow falling in Newcastle West!! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭chatjunkie

Munstermad wrote: »
    Kids gone banannas, dog confused, first flurries of snow falling in Newcastle West!! :eek:

Send it in towards the city please!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Will do!!!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Anti-snow forcefield is still holding over Dublin. All good.

Not sticking :( but thats probably a good thing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'm just home a few hours from Austria and Slovakia. We don't know snow till you see what they get. We threw one of the lads into the snow pile. It must have built up at least 7 foot. We had to drag him out by the legs. :D It was -6 during the day and last night in Piestany it was -13 at 3:30am. Still boozing then. :D

• Advertisement

Lucky Ducks!!!! Need lots and lots of alcohol to keep warm in those temps!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aylarth

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I'm just home a few hours from Austria and Slovakia. We don't know snow till you see what they get. We threw one of the lads into the snow pile. It must have built up at least 7 foot. We had to drag him out by the legs. :D It was -6 during the day and last night in Piestany it was -13 at 3:30am. Still boozing then. :D

Hell yeah, thats really different. That is also a kind of dry cold there, not like here - in that dry cold, you can deal with the cold a bit easier imo

about the booze - the slovakians I met with, are able to drink any of us under the table anytime, anywhere, with any kind of alcohol. World says irish ppl can drink like hell - no, those guys are able to do it much harder, crazy like, and their spirit, aiiiks...

Forcefield now cracking here. Preparing for imminent annoying white cr4p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Totally agree. Can still remember the snow from where I lived in Germany or from when I went to visit my grandfather in Denmark, and it was proper thick snow, and not the half inch stuff that stops the counrty here in Ireland.

Hell even back in the North West of England the snow most years is far more than over here. The weekend just gone saw me trudging about in Liverpool and Manchester then coming back to Ireland to see mostly green rather than white. Do like being back in Liverpool when there are snow showers though, as my gaff there is high up so it feels like I am in a snow globe. :D

Always baffles me how what we get here in Ireland can pretty much grind the country to a halt and also haow bad people are at figuring out how to adapt to it. Having said that I don't miss having to switch tyres in winter or use snow chains etc., so the uber mild Irish winters have a lot going for them on that score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Anti-snow forcefield strengthened, all cracks fixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Ardnacrusha have re-routed all power to shields

That'll only delay the inevitable. We need to work on a permanent roof. Those that like the snow can go up and sit on it. They could bring sangwidges and a flask o' tae. A nice slopey roof so they can ski back down when the tae and sangwidges are finished. Will be good for tourism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

endacl wrote: »
    That'll only delay the inevitable. We need to work on a permanent roof. Those that like the snow can go up and sit on it. They could bring sangwidges and a flask o' tae. A nice slopey roof so they can ski back down when the tae and sangwidges are finished. Will be good for tourism.

They had better be hang sangwidges or you are in trouble. :p

Kess73 wrote: »
    They had better be hang sangwidges or you are in trouble. :p
    They can have whatever class o' sangwidges they like. It'll be a free country up on the roof!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

endacl wrote: »
    They can have whatever class o' sangwidges they like. It'll be a free country up on the roof!

Even tayho sangwidges?

source wrote: »
    Even tayho sangwidges?
    Even tayho and cheese.

He he he!!! Snow man at 7 O'Clock... actually 7am... All nearly melted now though :(... Kids were delivered late to school because of fun and craic... I mean dangerous driving conditions..... :) Principal not impressed...
    However said school will have no heating tomorrow or Wednesday, they sent a text this evening... and asked for kids to wrapped up well, plenty of layers etc??? Bit O.T. but any opinions on this????

No heating then tell them to eff off when they ask for a "donation" each year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Munstermad wrote: »
    He he he!!! Snow man at 7 O'Clock... actually 7am... All nearly melted now though :(... Kids were delivered late to school because of fun and craic... I mean dangerous driving conditions..... :) Principal not impressed...
    However said school will have no heating tomorrow or Wednesday, they sent a text this evening... and asked for kids to wrapped up well, plenty of layers etc??? Bit O.T. but any opinions on this????

don't send them in school should have done the sensible thing and closed if no heating for two days would you fancy sitting in a cold classroom for 6-7 hours :mad:

I know!! Is mental!!! I wouldn't work without heating or electrics... Neither should kids.. Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Very light snow in Annacotty now.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

h3000 wrote: »
    Very light snow in Annacotty now.

Stopped again :(

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just had half an hour of lovely snow over Monaleen/ Castletroy. :)

Out in newport the cars were blanketed. I had to scrape the snow off my car before I moved off as it was so thick. I'm in Leitrim now, you think we had it bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

^^ huh !!!!!

looking out at blue skies and (watery) sunshine over the Ennis Road area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Same no snow on the southside either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

fortunately no snow here in raheen :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

^^ huh !!!!!

looking out at blue skies and (watery) sunshine over the Ennis Road area
    Yeah, I saw that earlier. Nothing in Caherdavin, sludge in Ballysimon, snow at 9:00 up here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

No heating then tell them to eff off when they ask for a "donation" each year.

Exactly... my school asks for a donation every year then never puts on the heating and gives out to us if we wear our jacket in class(while they can still wear theirs, mind). I'm starting to think they got radiators in our school for decoration..

• Advertisement
Advertisement