Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cartomisers Question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

No competition between the F16 and the AGR, AGR wins.

Much more solid than the F16, and totally lacking in slidiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

grindle wrote: »
    No competition between the F16 and the AGR, AGR wins.

Much more solid than the F16, and totally lacking in slidiness.

So the F16 slides like the smoktecks :eek: looks like will get the AGR so.Will the standard size boge cartos fit or do you need to get the xl boges....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

damon5 wrote: »

So the F16 slides like the smoktecks :eek: looks like will get the AGR so.Will the standard size boge cartos fit or do you need to get the xl boges....
    Yeah, I find the agr better as long as you dont mind punching or cutting your cartos, it comes with 2 tubes so you can use either xl cartos or standard size, works out cheaper in the long run cause you dont have to buy flanged cartos. I use the agr all the time at home, feckin huge on a vamo.
    Saying all that I have a 3.5ml dct on its way to use on an ego battery!
    Pbusardo just put up a video on utube about it, sorry cant put up a link but just type in pbusardo agr!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Yeah, I find the agr better as long as you dont mind punching or cutting your cartos, it comes with 2 tubes so you can use either xl cartos or standard size, works out cheaper in the long run cause you dont have to buy flanged cartos. I use the agr all the time at home, feckin huge on a vamo.
    The smoke tech dct tanks are rubbish. I would absolutely love them if they didn't slide with zero pounds of force required to make them come right off.

There's another tank that fits an ego that doesn't slip off. Can't remember the name right now, need to get on the pc and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

illicit007 wrote: »
    The smoke tech dct tanks are rubbish. I would absolutely love them if they didn't slide with zero pounds of force required to make them come right off.

There's another tank that fits an ego that doesn't slip off. Can't remember the name right now, need to get on the pc and check.
    Think it might be the kir fanis one at bargain vapour, the 3.5ml one.
    Just checked, its called the petra tank, I think GH said it was alot tighter, bought the dct on impulse :-S

• Advertisement

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Pbusardo just put up a video on utube about it, sorry cant put up a link but just type in pbusardo agr!

Just googled 3.5ml dct and came across this handy hands on read .

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/chinsk/2517-my-experience-dct-3-5ml-dual-coil-tank.html

C,mon pray tell :)

oops disregard my above comment, didnt see your later post...

Petra tank was looking good untill i read up a bit on this site and some others and there saying that some juices may damage the tank,menthol being one of them and i have 30mls to try out :(
    Was shocked when i scrolled down the page to the MORE INFO part and read it,you really have to buy from reliable sources and cheap is definately not always cheerfull....

http://gr-modders.com/shop/66-petra-tank-.html

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

On e-smoke I'm trying to buy some T2 replacement heads but it keeps asking me to fill in the resistance field as I'm new to all this I have no idea what they are talking about :confused::D any ideas please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

there should be a drop down "low resistance" or "high resistance"
    there's no option at all there now which means they are out of stock atm

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/186-kanger-t2-replacement-head.html

thebestshop has them

do you have a twist battery? if you do then you could get either low or high, it wouldn't make a huge difference. but if you got low and you had high before, you'd have to adjust the voltage on the battery downwards to get the same power/flavour/heat/etc in the vape. if you run a high res (2.5ohm) head at 4.4volts that'd give you a 7.7 watt vape, so if you got the 1.8ohm heads you'd run them at 3.7 volts to get a 7.61 watt vape

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Aaa thanks, another silly question :o whats the difference between a high and low. I got the starter pack and it says I have a low should I stick with that or is it worth trying the high.
    As they are out of stock now I'm going into a bit of a panic :eek: is there anywhere else I can shop I also wanted another value kit but they are also out of stock :( is this common on this site.
    Sorry for all the silly questions.

thebestshop has the kanger t2 heads, there's a link in my last post

low and high have to do with the resistance of the coil in the atomiser. the voltage runs through the coil and the resistance of the coil working against/with the voltage supplied by the battery results in the wattage (power) of the vape. so low resistance X normal voltage = highish power vape, high resistance x normal voltage = low power vape.

if you had the lows before just get the lows now, you'll get used to the various ins and outs over time but handier to just stick with what you know for the moment.

Lovely thanks :D One more thing and then I'll go :o the string on the ones in your link look shorter than mine is that ok.

yeah there are short wick heads and long wick heads.

i dont know if it makes a huge difference, iirc the head goes on the top with the t2 so with the short wick heads you'll probably have to tip the kanger every now and again when the juice level gets low to keep the wicks wet and the coil fed with juice.

thebestshop has the kanger t2 heads, there's a link in my last post

low and high have to do with the resistance of the coil in the atomiser. the voltage runs through the coil and the resistance of the coil working against/with the voltage supplied by the battery results in the wattage (power) of the vape. so low resistance X normal voltage = highish power vape, high resistance x normal voltage = low power vape.

if you had the lows before just get the lows now, you'll get used to the various ins and outs over time but handier to just stick with what you know for the moment.

Which would drain the battery faster,high or low....

low most of the time, it depends on the voltage you're running at too

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1xtt09/docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlZnGjZRjO_UdGo3VVlnVHY0VExZLVd5aDkwUEJEZXc/

this chart shows the relationship between ohms (resistance) and volts. the watt is the power of the vape, the warmth, flavour, amoutn of vapour etc and the amps is how fast the battery would drain

so a 1.8ohm coil at 3.3v (the standard set voltage for a non variable voltage ego battery) would hav a vape of 6.05 watts and draw 1.83 amps from the battery

a 2.4ohm coil at 3.8v would have a vape of 6.08 watts, so just about exactly the same in terms of the vape but would only draw 1.53 amps from the battery. so it's a higher voltage, but because of the increased resistance the battery isn't depleted as quick even though the vape would be the same in theory

low most of the time, it depends on the voltage you're running at too

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1xtt09/docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlZnGjZRjO_UdGo3VVlnVHY0VExZLVd5aDkwUEJEZXc/

this chart shows the relationship between ohms (resistance) and volts. the watt is the power of the vape, the warmth, flavour, amoutn of vapour etc and the amps is how fast the battery would drain

so a 1.8ohm coil at 3.3v (the standard set voltage for a non variable voltage ego battery) would hav a vape of 6.05 watts and draw 1.83 amps from the battery

a 2.4ohm coil at 3.8v would have a vape of 6.08 watts, so just about exactly the same in terms of the vape but would only draw 1.53 amps from the battery. so it's a higher voltage, but because of the increased resistance the battery isn't depleted as quick even though the vape would be the same in theory
    The head is spinning now :) back to the drawing board.....
    On a side note have you heard what these are like,they have 3 differant ohm,s you can get them in too and wouldnt look to bulky on my 900mah ego twist....

On a side note have you heard what these are like,they have 3 differant ohm,s you can get them in too and wouldnt look to bulky on my 900mah ego twist....

did you forget to link something or am I missing something very obvious..

did you forget to link something or am I missing something very obvious..

:eek: lol sorry about that,here it is....told ya me heads spinning.

http://www.bargainvapour.com/Hyper_4_aka_Splitfire_with_Bulk_Discount/p1274299_7865979.aspx

oh, no. never heard of them

don't know a whole lot about clearomisers tbh, and there's a buttload of different types out there. only a tenner, no harm grabbing one if you're curious :)

• Advertisement

See its out of stock at the mo and 3 choices of bloody ohms,it keeps coming back to the same questiion if getting a grip on ohms,watts,resistense etc is a bit hard to to get a grip of.If it was low,middle,high vape and intensity for the 3 differant ohms it would make it much handier for newbies to make that decision rather than repeatedly asking the same question and wrecking your head :)

If it was low,middle,high vape and intensity for the 3 differant ohms it would make it much handier for newbies to make that decision rather than repeatedly asking the same question and wrecking your head :)

That's basically what it is. At a set voltage (we'll say 3.7 as that's standard), then:
    High ohm (2.6-3.0) = low vape
    Medium ohm (2.0-2.5) = medium vape
    Low ohm (1.5-1.9ohms) = high vape
    Super low ohm (1.4 and below - you're creeping towards ten watts so you'd probably want to be using a rebuildable at this stage, cartos and clearos will probably get burnt tasting)

Variable voltage has made things a tiny bit more confusing, but it helps your battery life, so... That's what the variable wattage devices are for, so newbies can set and forget.

That's basically what it is. At a set voltage (we'll say 3.7 as that's standard), then:
    High ohm (2.6-3.0) = low vape
    Medium ohm (2.0-2.5) = medium vape
    Low ohm (1.5-1.9ohms) = high vape
    Super low ohm (1.4 and below - you're creeping towards ten watts so you'd probably want to be using a rebuildable at this stage, cartos and clearos will probably get burnt tasting)

Variable voltage has made things a tiny bit more confusing, but it helps your battery life, so... That's what the variable wattage devices are for, so newbies can set and forget.

Thanks for that....So lower ohms= higher vape ( would that be more throat hit too:confused: )=more watts from the battery so battery wasting faster...

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Yes yip and yea. Try it out. Get a standard resistance and low resistance. Put the same juice into each and give them a toot.

Yes yip and yea. Try it out. Get a standard resistance and low resistance. Put the same juice into each and give them a toot.

Grand,i,ll give you a shoot when i have me ol toot :D

Does the nicotene content in a juice have a bearing on throat hit ....

Yup, the higher the better. After that it's the airhole placement on a rebuildable and alcohol content of a juice that have an effect, or that bitextra stuff by FlavourArt.

yep, higher nic more th

there are some additive juices you can get to add to lower nic juices to increase th, or you can add a little bit of menthol to a low nic juice to give it a bit of bite too

Yup, the higher the better. After that it's the airhole placement on a rebuildable and alcohol content of a juice that have an effect, or that bitextra stuff by FlavourArt.[/QUOTE

Can you add some more about the airhole placement if it would be relavent to a diy punch hole to a boge carto in a AGR tank.If the hole was too big would the juice wick too much in the carto giving a splutter,popping,juicy taste on the inhale...

• Advertisement

yep, higher nic more th

there are some additive juices you can get to add to lower nic juices to increase th, or you can add a little bit of menthol to a low nic juice to give it a bit of bite too[/QUOTE

On toro 24mg at the moment and cant get a real throat hit,will try the bit of menthol in the mix and see how that works out....

Advertisement