Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cartomisers Question

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

damon5 wrote: »
    Can you add some more about the airhole placement if it would be relavent to a diy punch hole to a boge carto in a AGR tank.If the hole was too big would the juice wick too much in the carto giving a splutter,popping,juicy taste on the inhale...

The airhole thing isn't relevant to throathit with what you're talking about, but yes, if the hole is too big on a carto it will wick too fast/flood/gurgle.

If you have a carto punch, you should only twist the screw until you hear a tiny snap, give an extra quarter turn to widen it slightly, done.
    If it looks like there's no hole there to your eyes, that's alright, if the carto made a small snap sound, there's a hole. Depending on the viscosity of the juice, you might need a second or third hole (to the other side of the carto).

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

grindle wrote: »
    The airhole thing isn't relevant to throathit with what you're talking about, but yes, if the hole is too big on a carto it will wick too fast/flood/gurgle.

If you have a carto punch, you should only twist the screw until you hear a tiny snap, give an extra quarter turn to widen it slightly, done.
    If it looks like there's no hole there to your eyes, that's alright, if the carto made a small snap sound, there's a hole. Depending on the viscosity of the juice, you might need a second or third hole (to the other side of the carto).

Thank,looks like the popping,gurgling is down to me and started around the time i topped up the tank.Should have maybe taken the air screw out completly to vent when i was putting the top back on when i thought the screw just untightened would have been enough.Earlier the juice level went down to just a few mills over the 1 carto punch hole in the carto and i laid the tank horizontal so the hole in the carto was above the juice level for about 20 minutes.Picked it back up keeping roughly that angle with the hole out of the juice and have had about 15 good tokes so far and the major popping is gone and left with a slight gurgling which i assume is normal.When the tokes start to get a bit less i will take it that the flooding has subsided and so not to damage the carto will let it emerse again in the juice in its more verticle honorary position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Deffo take out the filler screw when putting the top cap back on!
    Took a long time and alot of wasted juice to figure that one out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Deffo take out the filler screw when putting the top cap back on!
    Learned a lesson there alright :)

Advertisement