Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roller blind fallen down - can I put it back up myself?

• 20-01-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    My roller blind had fallen off its roller. Can anybody talk me through fixing it myself?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭JamBur

it should be fairly obvious to be fair. Although it might need winding on one side to re tension it? Can you put up a picture?

Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

My roller blind had fallen off its roller. Can anybody talk me through fixing it myself?

You should, is it the cloth has come off the roller ?? Is it a metal roller, if so there is probably a sticky strip on the roller should be able to stick the cloth onto this. Some masking tape will help secure the cloth.

Hope you can follow this.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ocisorrenta

I was wondering if I needed glue, that probably should have been my question.
    Here are pics of the roller. The blind is fairly standard, quite stiff cloth.
    Based in Dublin.

Gerard, yes it does have a sticky bit! That'll be a piece of cake, I think.
    Thanks for the help guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭JamBur

Apologies, I thought it was a different type of blind. Its hard to tell for sure, but I'd be fairly confident that a good glue will have you back in action. I'd imagine that a fabric glue is what is needed.

If the sticky strip has dried it will be a short term fix without some other helping adhesive.

• Advertisement

Roger that Jambur. It's back up for now, but as you point out the original sticky band has dried out significantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Strong double sided tape should do it, make sure it is lined up perfectly or the blind won't run true.

And sort them cobwebs! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

Looks like you are sorted OP icon10.png

Advertisement