Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will you choose between MS & Sony's new consoles?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

C14N wrote:
    buying both consoles which bags you almost all major exclusives (excluding Nintendo ones)

Let me fix that for you, buying both consoles which bags you almost all major exclusives (excluding Nintendo and PC ones)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Hey, everyone just buy what they like the look of. Pc's aren't for everyone, nor are consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

titan18 wrote: »
    Tbf, not going to getting into it, but pc has far more exclusives than a console.
    This isn't the thread for it [see title] but go ahead and start a new thread on it.

True, buy the format or formats you will think you get the most enjoyment out of.

So not a Vita then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Won't be making the same mistake as last generation and buying both consoles, never play with my 360's and I don't like all the DRM attached to the Xbox One so PS4 for me! Now just to find out where to pre-order it from!

• Advertisement

• Not sure if this has been posted already. Epic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Pushtrak wrote: »
    This isn't the thread for it [see title] but go ahead and start a new thread on it.

Oh, I don't want to, which is why I said I don't want to go into it, it's done enough tbh, was just in answer to a poster saying he'd miss major exclusives by going pc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Are any of the vendors going to do any deals with pre orders or will they all just be a basic model does anyone know

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Are any of the vendors going to do any deals with pre orders or will they all just be a basic model does anyone know
    No one knows. Nothing has been announced, though in fairness, early days yet. And I don't mean just in terms of E3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

titan18 wrote: »
    Tbf, not going to getting into it, but pc has far more exclusives than a console.

I've been PC gaming since 2009 and the only major exclusives I have are Spore and Civilization 4. Okay, I will admit that strategy games and MMOs are pretty much always PC-exclusive but aside from that, there are very few AAA games that I know of that come out only on PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well anyway, I decided 100% I am getting ps4 at launch. So I will be juggling between ps4, pc, vita, 3ds. I might get xbox one few years in when it has price cut. So far it's only forza that I would love to play on Xbox one, but not worth buying inferior Xbox one. Plus we getting gt6 on ps3 and that driveclub on ps4. Enough of driving stuff for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

MadYaker wrote: »
    All you people saying you're going to buy both consoles in the long run should really just buy a decent gaming PC instead and save yourselves all the hassle and possibly a lot of money. You could get an awesome PC for the price of 2 consoles, it would outperform both.

Can we please go five pages eventually without a patronsing post telling us all to buy a gaming PC.

I don't want a gaming PC. I want a console. I don't get why that's a problem for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

C14N wrote: »
    Getting a gaming PC is a lot more hassle and will generally come at the cost of owning any major exclusives, as opposed to buying both consoles which bags you almost all major exclusives (excluding Nintendo ones). Usually, most people who buy both will buy the second either second hand or at a much lower price too.

Clueless factless statement, you could buy a pc for less than the cost of the 2 new consoles and have acces to WAY more PC exclusives than there are exclusive to both console

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Maybe I'll head into the Reggae thread and tell people they should listen to Jazz.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHG_wX3o5LHzbL9ukwWcl6uP5oD_hywXRfFkn9jypct7TcmfNx

How long was that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,563 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm pretty sure if you are crazy enough to get all three consoles you're so into games you'll have a gaming PC as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure if you are crazy enough to get all three consoles you're so into games you'll have a gaming PC as well.

Just because some peasants cant afford 3 consoles doesn't mean others are crazy :):):) .

On a serious note, with the release list as they are no sign of any decent games from xbox at launch im going to wait and see how each launch goes. Id say if allot of gamers pick up a ps4 there mates or others on the fence will do the same so they can play together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

VinLieger wrote: »
    Clueless factless statement, you could buy a pc for less than the cost of the 2 new consoles and have acces to WAY more PC exclusives than there are exclusive to both console

Clueless factless post. I never said anything about how much you can buy a gaming PC for.:rolleyes:

C14N wrote: »
    Clueless factless post. I never said anything about how much you can buy a gaming PC for.:rolleyes:

Not what i meant to say was just pointing out that fact, i was talking about you saying its alot more hassle etc plus your assertation that you cant access exclusives when theres WAY more exclusives on PC. Yes certain AAA titles might not come to it but maybe only 1-2 max per year compared to how many exclusive games are released on PC only every year.

Btw im not on here telling people to go out and buy a gaming pc, people buy whatever they want but prefer it when people dont make things up

Not what i meant to say was just pointing out that fact, i was talking about you saying its alot more hassle etc plus your assertation that you cant access exclusives when theres WAY more exclusives on PC.
    This isn't the thread for PC [see title]. Start a new thread to back up your assertion about exclusive games and make your case for PC there.

• Advertisement

This isn't the thread for PC [see title]. Start a new thread to back up your assertion about exclusive games and make your case for PC there.

FFS i wasnt the one who brought it up i agree that its not the thread for that i even said so in my last post if you would even take the time to read it, i was just responding to something i thought was incorrect or is that not allowed now?

FFS i wasnt the one who brought it up i agree that its not the thread for that i even said so in my last post if you would even take the time to read it, i was just responding to something i thought was incorrect or is that not allowed now?
    People who say this is their last post on a topic seem to find the necessity to post again on something, funnily enough. I'd like to see someone who is insistent enough on the PC issue to post about it here start a new thread.

People who say this is their last post on a topic seem to find the necessity to post again on something, funnily enough. I'd like to see someone who is insistent enough on the PC issue to post about it here start a new thread.

Whats the point its been done to death in several threads dedicated to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Topic is about consoles, and why you'll choose. I don't see why PC has suddenly popped it's head in as always.
    Thread isn't Consoles -vs- PC at all

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

The whole no lending games, online connectivity all the time means I'll be getting the PS4 next. If I can get an xbox shaped controller that would seal the deal. I will miss MS though. I like my xbox 360 :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Not sure if this has been posted already. Epic!

That's ****ing brilliant,sony giving microsoft the two fingers xD and a kick to the groin.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

Why did MS do that anyways?

Why did MS do that anyways?

Pressure from publishers is the most popular theory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Sony could have walked on stage, punched a baby in the face, dropped the mic, walked off and still have won E3 thanks to it's DRM policy.

MS just committed corporate suicide with it's DRM stance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Pressure from publishers is the most popular theory

And all the publishers are saying nothing when questioned. BUt EA dropping their online passes pre E3 speaks volumes.

Advertisement