Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will you choose between MS & Sony's new consoles?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Page can't be found.

try again...its working, says in bold text:

Update on June 19, 2013: As a result of feedback from the Xbox community, we have changed certain policies for Xbox One reflected in this blog. Some of this information is no longer accurate — please check here for the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Great news if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Grayditch wrote: »
    Tolerating this kind of thing is putting gaming on a fast track to more restrictions. I'm glad people are speaking out anyway.

I still think its 95% trolling, but it would be great news. I wonder is deadrising 3 cancelled now lol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Yeah, I know. But that link just brings you to the old page, and it says to click here for new policies but then it says that page can't be found.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

thank f for that, still think i might switch from xbox to playstation on next console release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing-xbox-one-drm-514390310
    Citing multiple sources, GiantBomb says Microsoft has decided to remove a laundry list of Xbox One restrictions that customers considered negative:

No more always online requirement
    The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
    All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
    Authentication is no longer necessary
    An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
    All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
    No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
    Region locks have been dropped

I'm definitely still getting a PS4. Its still a more powerful console for 100$ cheaper, and I just prefer Sony as a company but if this is all true I'll get an X1 down the line too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm still not getting it until you can unplug the Kinect...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Dammit Microsoft, now I have to spend time considering which console to get. You really had to go and make things difficult didn't you?!:mad:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Glad they have changed, should keep sony on there toes. However will still be with sony for + and naughty dog studios. 360 will be used for sf4

Well. Looks like it is true. I have to say congratulations to all lads who did not bent over and fought back. Looks like we did it. ;)

Forza is really tempting now. Though I will still loyal to Sony as first console, then will get Xbox one too when funds will allow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Still going to get the ps4. The always on kinect doesn't sit well with me.

Still can't believe Microsoft back tracked. Somebody must have got fired :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Well. Looks like it is true. I have to say congratulations to all lads who did not bent over and fought back. Looks like we did it. ;)

Forza is really tempting now. Though I will still loyal to Sony as first console, then will get Xbox one too when funds will allow.

if they drop the price £30 it goes into the launch buy category for the controller and forza alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

CptMackey wrote: »

i believe they've come down from the drugs they've been on and said WTF are we doing. it would explain Hryb being a weirdo in interviews

I heard a rumour a few days ago that they were planning on getting rid of Don Mattrick. I hope that rumour is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I honestly don't care too much about the always -on Kinect as long as it's not connected to the internet. It's just an unnecessary and unwanted piece of technology.

major nelson is heavy rumoured to be fired along with others in the PR division.

wonder how sony will react?....they just lost their only leverage...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

It isn't always on.
    You are in control of when Kinect sensing is On, Off or Paused: If you don't want the Kinect sensor on while playing games or enjoying your entertainment, you can pause Kinect. To turn off your Xbox One, just say "Xbox Off." When the system is off, it's only listening for the single voice command - "Xbox On," and you can even turn that feature off too. Some apps and games may require Kinect functionality to operate, so you'll need to turn it back on for these experiences.
    Though, people not knowing about how kinect can be turned off raises an interesting point. I'll be interested to see the changes when I can see what they post, but seeing as so many people haven't caught up to the info that has been released, there are likely going to be lots of people who still think the stuff is true in the months to come. Even at launch, I expect.

• Advertisement

Well in fairness it was a suicide run for MS from the moment sony's e3 conference end. They had to do something. I bet they did not expected that gamers will be stubborn and not all gamers are blind fanboys and gamers wount eat any **** with Xbox tag on it.

I am still shocked MS had balls to go U-turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Um. One hundred Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,173 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Next thing we'll hear is EA has decided to reintroduce the online passes. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

The pricing is the biggest thing in terms of big sales. You could have left both consoles the same except reverse price, and the One would have done brilliant. Or the PS4 if they had the bad policies, but kept current price.

Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I heard a rumour a few days ago that they were planning on getting rid of Don Mattrick. I hope that rumour is true.

I don't know if that's really fair but I do think they need to put him in a less up-front position in the company. No matter where I see Mattrick, I don't think he's a very good public speaker or at least not good enough for the events he has to do. Whether he means it or not, he always comes across as really smug and high falutin compared with the likes of Jack Tretton or Reggie. Maybe it's just me though.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Next thing we'll hear is EA has decided to reintroduce the online passes. :)

Or that Activision has decided to cancel their upcoming COD game and pour all the resources into creating interesting original content :p

NeoGaf has crashed....LOL!

major nelson is heavy rumoured to be fired along with others in the PR division.

I still got more respect to Sony for holding the ground. Just because MS got their tail between legs wont automaticly switch me to MS. In a way even Xbox fanboys should be thankful to sony. Sony and community forced MS to turn down douchery from 11 to 4.

Sony still got fantastic PS+ service, PS vita cross play ( main advantage for me ), own exclusives ( matter of taste ),, cheaper machine, self publishing platform, Indy friendly, no kinect, more powerful machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'll still be buying Ps4 launch but a future xbox one purchase has suddenly become a possibility again.

Sounds like heads rolled with this dramatic reversal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Well in fairness it was a suicide run for MS from the moment sony's e3 conference end. They had to do something. I bet they did not expected that gamers will be stubborn and not all gamers are blind fanboys and gamers wount eat any **** with Xbox tag on it.

I am still shocked MS had balls to go U-turn.
    Basically the internet is swaggering away from don matricks supine, sobbing form with its chin sticking out sneering "yeah, i didnt think so motherf##ker"

Advertisement