Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will you choose between MS & Sony's new consoles?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

You won't be able to turn off the light bar on the PS4 controller. Mainly because it was supposed to come with the camera, but now rendering the bar pretty much useless, it seems a very clunky decision to make, as it'll drain the battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

I would like to try both of them really before I really decide on the xbox one and ps4, now that M$ has changed its mind over DRM and the constant internet connection etc.. since the PS3 games won't be compatible (unless you use a software) with the PS4, which kind of sucks since I don't want to buy the FIFA again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

They mention 2 games. A bit early to be too worried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Id love to know what the crack is with Skype is it just an app or is it taking over the whole chat system on xbox
    and what's the ps4 chat going to be like
    quality wise

Can't speak for PS3 or PS4 chat but for Xbox, I would be amazed if Skype takes over the whole system, I imagine Skype will be a built-in app and will be encouraged to be on all the time in the background, separate to the cross-game chat system we currently have on the 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Pushtrak wrote: »

They mention 2 games. A bit early to be too worried.

What games?

On phone can't watch video, but if its something that doesn't have a SP then I see no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

What games?

On phone can't watch video, but if its something that doesn't have a SP then I see no problem.

The crew and the division were the two mentioned

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't know anything about the crew but the Division for how it works was always going to be always online. It wouldn't work otherwise. The video is nnsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Online games need to be online shocker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

nucker wrote: »
    I would like to try both of them really before I really decide on the xbox one and ps4, now that M$ has changed its mind over DRM and the constant internet connection etc.. since the PS3 games won't be compatible (unless you use a software) with the PS4, which kind of sucks since I don't want to buy the FIFA again

What software?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

.ak wrote: »
    What software?

I assume he means full software emulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I don't know anything about the crew but the Division for how it works was always going to be always online. It wouldn't work otherwise. The video is nnsense.

Exactly. The crew is exactly the same, it's like an MMO with cars. It's based around teams of 4 people meeting up to do driving heist type missions. Always online is a given.

Video is nonsense. These aren't single player games with always on DRM like Sim City was. These are multiplayer games by their very nature.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was never going to sell in japan anyway. It's way too big, expensive and american. I doubt the PS4 will sell well there either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

nucker wrote: »

Wouldn't you be buying a new copy of FIFA anyway? :confused: I mean, by it's nature, FIFA is the kind of game that demands you dish out for it every year, or every 2 or 3 at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

C14N wrote: »
    Wouldn't you be buying a new copy of FIFA anyway? :confused: I mean, by it's nature, FIFA is the kind of game that demands you dish out for it every year, or every 2 or 3 at least.

Presume he means buying FIFA 14 on PS3 and then again a month later on PS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'll be waiting to get Fifa on PS4, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

cancelled my ps4 pre order , i was sold on a story but ubisoft 2 latest games have shown me that if thats whats to expect from next gen then i dont want to be apart of it.

if you want to integrate online in single player thats fine, but do it in a way from software did with demons/dark souls and not make it into a way just to have games always online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

cancelled my ps4 pre order , i was sold on a story but ubisoft 2 latest games have shown me that if thats whats to expect from next gen then i dont want to be apart of it.

if you want to integrate online in single player thats fine, but do it in a way from software did with demons/dark souls and not make it into a way just to have games always online.

So you're not buying either console because you can't play an online game offline?
    Seems reasonable.

• Advertisement

So you're not buying either console because you can't play an online game offline?
    Seems reasonable.

no im not buying next gen consoles because launch games are ****e

im judging what next gen gaming will be like in a year to see if more games will have online games all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Launch games are generally always lame. Ubisoft has announced that two of it's games are always online. I wouldn't start getting all panicky over that.

Nothing wrong with waiting a year, regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

TheGunns wrote: »
    They're completely different games in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

TheGunns wrote: »

But why not just wait the month or two for the PS4 version? Or just hang on to the PS3 version and play it for one more year? I'm just not really seeing the problem.
    no im not buying next gen consoles because launch games are ****e

im judging what next gen gaming will be like in a year to see if more games will have online games all the time.

The launch line up isn't too bad as far as these things go. In terms of exclusives you've got Driveclub, Killzone and Knack, all of which will probably be at least fairly good (I'd say 85+ Metascore) and then there are the multiplatform titles like Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed 4 and Watch Dogs. I know the multi-platform ones are on PS3/360 too but you'll be getting the higher-quality version which is something you would probably be glad to have a few years down the line when the PS3 and 360 start to look a bit crappy.

I should re phrase myself better when i said launch titles are ****e.

The games that are their at launch are great games to people but not to me.

Killzone 2 i really liked when it first came out, i think i clocked around 130 hours online but i got burnt out by how poor killzone 3 was.

Same goes for assassin creed , one of my fav series this gen till they fired the guy who created it and then turned it into an monopoly with yearly releases and i really didnt like revelations nor assassin creed 3. Even still having my ps3 i will be skipping assassin creed black flag.

Knack is about the most interesting title since mark cerny is the director being he was one of the dudes that made my favourite sonic game of all time sonic 2 , but that alone is not worth buying a console on launch nor is games that will look abit crisper.

As i posted awhile back there is one game i truly want and that is metal gear solid 5. When that comes out then i be happy to drop 400 quid on the ps4 but till then i am happy to wait it out. The ps3 is looking to have a great year this year anyways :D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

Looking forward to gamescom. Sony still has a load of games to announce considering there's 20 exclusives coming year 1, many still not announced yet.

Rumour is uncharted 4 will be unveiled this December at the VGA's for a possible October/November 2014 launch.

TNT2k_ wrote: »
    Looking forward to gamescom. Sony still has a load of games to announce considering there's 20 exclusives coming year 1, many still not announced yet.

Rumour is uncharted 4 will be unveiled this December at the VGA's for a possible October/November 2014 launch.

yeah...by gamescon we'll have final specs, a working/real ps4.....bundles, accesories and a better look at the OS, hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

TNT2k_ wrote: »

Day Z (TBC, Console Exclusive)
    Deep Down (TBC, PS4 Exclusive)
    Diablo III (TBC, Next-Gen Exclusive)
    DriveClub (2013, PS4 Exclusive)
    Doki-Doki Universe (TBC, Console Exclusive)
    Don’t Starve (TBC, Console Exclusive)
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (TBC, Console Exclusive)
    Hohokum (TBC, Console Exclusive)
    Infamous: Second Son (2014, PS4 Exclusive)
    Killzone: Shadow Fall (2013, PS4 Exclusive)
    Knack (2013, PS4 Exclusive)
    Mercenary Kings (TBC, Console Exclusive)
    Octodad: Dadliest Catch (TBC, Console Exclusive)
    Primal Carnage: Genesis (TBC, Console Exclusive)
    Secret Ponchos (2014, PS4 Exclusive)
    The Order: 1886 (TBC, PS4 Exclusive)
    Transistor (2014, Console Exclusive)
    Super Stardust HD 2 (2013, PS4 Exclusive)
    Outlast (2014, Console Exclusive)
    The Witness (TBC, Console Exclusive)

There's 20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Did you get confirmation that Deep Down is a PS4 exclusive at your end, COYVB?

• Advertisement

COYVB wrote: »
    Super Stardust HD 2 (2013, PS4 Exclusive)

:D

Advertisement