Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will you choose between MS & Sony's new consoles?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Same goes for assassin creed , one of my fav series this gen till they fired the guy who created it and then turned it into an monopoly with yearly releases and i really didnt like revelations nor assassin creed 3. Even still having my ps3 i will be skipping assassin creed black flag.

I agree about this. I loved Assassin's Creed 2 (seriously a contender for top 5 games this gen) and I've played every console game in the series but I just have zero interest in Black Flag especially since nothing shown about it looks new at all. The last two games both felt like a slog to get through and I read online that the creative director expects them to end up making over 10 games in the series so with that in mind I think I'll just get out now.
    TNT2k_ wrote: »
    Rumour is uncharted 4 will be unveiled this December at the VGA's for a possible October/November 2014 launch.

I doubt that. Naughty Dog are like Valve, it's just that they can't get past 3 instead of 2 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

The Witness is a timed console exclusive.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/20/4010968/the-witness-playstation-4-jon-blow

Diablo 3 heading to 360.

http://www.ibtimes.com/diablo-3-blizzard-announces-xbox-360-ps3-pre-order-bonuses-should-pc-gamers-be-upset-photos-1303701

Didn't check any of the others. I already had a hunch on those two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Deep Down is rumoured as PS4 exclusive but has yet to be confirmed. Though not a whole lot is known about the game yet.
    DayZ isn't even confirmed for consoles yet, the dev said he'd like to bring it to consoles if it sells well on PC, but won't bring it to X1 unless they change their policies.

But either way I don't think they're counting the indie games and PC games as exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Deep Down is rumoured as PS4 exclusive but has yet to be confirmed. Though not a whole lot is known about the game yet.
    DayZ isn't even confirmed for consoles yet, the dev said he'd like to bring it to consoles if it sells well on PC, but won't bring it to X1 unless they change their policies.

DayZ is on my confirmed list here anyway. Though that means very little in the bigger picture, things change rapidly. DD is also listed as PS4 exclusive
    But either way I don't think they're counting the indie games and PC games as exclusive.
    They are

COYVB wrote: »
    DayZ is on my confirmed list here anyway. Though that means very little in the bigger picture, things change rapidly. DD is also listed as PS4 exclusive

They are

Not even MS are counting their PC/X1 games in their 15 exclusive titles, Sony know better than to promise 20 exclusives and deliver 10, and then 10 more small indie games.
    I think this is a more reliable list on atm: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/5545_4995887213643_690011366_n.jpg
    Along with basement crawl, and superstar dust HD.

Though most the games you listed are confirmed as exclusive, I still don't think they'll count indie games in their 20.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Not even MS are counting their PC/X1 games in their 15 exclusive titles, Sony know better than to promise 20 exclusives and deliver 10, and then 10 more small indie games.

Note that there's "Console Exclusive" and "PS4 Exclusive" in the list though, so there's a differentiation being drawn

Note that there's "Console Exclusive" and "PS4 Exclusive" in the list though, so there's a differentiation being drawn

Okay, so if you count PS4 exclusives there is only 8 titles there, and 12 more supposedly to be revealed.
    There is still Gamescom and TGS so I do think they'll announce a lot more before release.

This is a pretty good list of what Sony studios are supposedly working on:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=583286

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

C14N wrote: »
    I agree about this. I loved Assassin's Creed 2 (seriously a contender for top 5 games this gen) and I've played every console game in the series but I just have zero interest in Black Flag especially since nothing shown about it looks new at all. The last two games both felt like a slog to get through and I read online that the creative director expects them to end up making over 10 games in the series so with that in mind I think I'll just get out now.

I doubt that. Naughty Dog are like Valve, it's just that they can't get past 3 instead of 2 :p

Drake team racing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (TBC, Console Exclusive)

FFXIV is also on PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Otacon wrote: »
    FFXIV is also on PS3.

its not an exclusive though

• Advertisement

I think people should be ready for exclusive to mean console exclusive. I don't think it being on PC is going to change anything. Who is it that added on "console exclusive" to the games in that list earlier? Was it Sony? I'd be surprised were that the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

NTMK wrote: »
    its not an exclusive though

It will not be on the Xbox One or 360, just PS and PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Xenji wrote: »
    It will not be on the Xbox One or 360, just PS and PC

sorry though that was FFXV :o nevermind

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Drake team racing?

or Un-Kart-ed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

l6iy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Looks like ps4 controller is chunkier now. Or they made xbox one controller smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Looks like ps4 controller is chunkier now. Or they made xbox one controller smaller.

PS4's is chunkier. Xbox is pretty much the same size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

read the second comment

"I've friends who plead allegiance to either camps, and friends who are at the very least open minded about games no matter what the platform. I don't find myself trying to convince anyone of switching whatever platform or ecosystem they believe is better than x, and neither should you, really. They've more than likely already made up their mind, for better and for worse."

were not "deluded" we simply prefer xbox, and the xbox exclusives
    i pledge no loyalty to either but IMO the xbox games look alot better compared to sonys ones, but in time when sony gets good exclusives, i shall happily buy the ps4, if they never have good exclusives well then i simply wont buy a ps4

edit: also if microsoft decide to do a hardware upgrade, it might be too late to do one now, but if they manage to do an update for a different version of the xbox one il get the ps4 first and wait for the xbox one

but i cant imagin them doing a hardware update this late near launch, unless they delay the console, but that would serverly damage their sales since their already damaged as is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,064 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Preordered both the other day, now to start putting the money aside for one, and big good for Santa or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    read the second comment

"I've friends who plead allegiance to either camps, and friends who are at the very least open minded about games no matter what the platform. I don't find myself trying to convince anyone of switching whatever platform or ecosystem they believe is better than x, and neither should you, really. They've more than likely already made up their mind, for better and for worse."

were not "deluded" we simply prefer xbox, and the xbox exclusives
    i pledge no loyalty to either but IMO the xbox games look alot better compared to sonys ones, but in time when sony gets good exclusives, i shall happily buy the ps4, if they never have good exclusives well then i simply wont buy a ps4

edit: also if microsoft decide to do a hardware upgrade, it might be too late to do one now, but if they manage to do an update for a different version of the xbox one il get the ps4 first and wait for the xbox one

but i cant imagin them doing a hardware update this late near launch, unless they delay the console, but that would serverly damage their sales since their already damaged as is
    In fairness we haven't seen a huge amount of gameplay from the xbox games and from what I've seen they're all on high end PCs, who knows if that translates so well down to the xbox. I wouldn't worry about the PS4 getting good exclusives, it's their thing, MS doesn't seem to have long legs in that department compared to Sony.

As far as both goes I'm not blown away by either, but some games look great but I'm sure far more will be revealed in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Preordered both the other day, now to start putting the money aside for one, and big good for Santa or the other.

That's one way to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Was out in my local Gamestop on Sunday and they had a sign up, " Only 13 PS4's left, so pre-order soon "

I was only browsing and the counter was fairly busy so couldnt ask how many they were hoping to get and if there would be any bundle options.

I'll be back in a few days to pre-order one though.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Was out in my local Gamestop on Sunday and they had a sign up, " Only 13 PS4's left, so pre-order soon "

I was only browsing and the counter was fairly busy so couldnt ask how many they were hoping to get and if there would be any bundle options.

I'll be back in a few days to pre-order one though.
    They will have bundle options, but they aren't going to have a clue what kind of bundles. I'm not an employee at Gamestop, but that's the general understanding. This obviously applies to both consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Pushtrak wrote: »
    They will have bundle options, but they aren't going to have a clue what kind of bundles. I'm not an employee at Gamestop, but that's the general understanding. This obviously applies to both consoles.

Oh I know there will be bundles, I was just hoping to find out if they had any info to hand regarding them.

Really cant wait now.

:)

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Oh I know there will be bundles, I was just hoping to find out if they had any info to hand regarding them.

Really cant wait now.

:)
    I'm not really sold on games at launch. Are you different, or is it just new tech so you have to get you some of that? :pac:

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I'm not really sold on games at launch. Are you different, or is it just new tech so you have to get you some of that? :pac:

games at launch look amazing:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    games at launch look amazing:pac:

Not always:

resistance-fall-of-man-20061019114909136.jpg

That was one fugly game.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not always:

That was one fugly game.

dont know what game that is
    but i meant this launch they look amazing :) unless that game is from this launch then i would be utterly dissapointed with that game:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/07/16/european-developers-target-playstation-4-over-xbox-one?utm_campaign

Aw, you can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Forty percent of all people know that.

According to that more publishers are currently developing PS4 games than the XBOX and twice as many are planning on developing one next compared to the XBOX.

Advertisement