Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will you choose between MS & Sony's new consoles?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Xenji wrote: »
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/07/16/european-developers-target-playstation-4-over-xbox-one?utm_campaign

Aw, you can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Forty percent of all people know that.

According to that more publishers are currently developing PS4 games than the XBOX and twice as many are planning on developing one next compared to the XBOX.

Can you blame them? Self publishing, and Sony are giving dev kits to European university that requests one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Well, i went over to Smyths today and changed my preorder from Xbox One to PS4.

Id love to have stayed with the Xbox but absolutely no-one ive spoken to about next gen consoles said they were going for the Xbox One.

I even had a quick chat with two guys at the till and they both said they were getting PS4's and that Pre orders for the PS4 are miles ahead of the Xbox One.

Hope i like the PS4, my biggest concern is the controller and if PSN will be as good as Live!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

ION08 wrote: »
    Well, i went over to Smyths today and changed my preorder from Xbox One to PS4.

Id love to have stayed with the Xbox but absolutely no-one ive spoken to about next gen consoles said they were going for the Xbox One.

I even had a quick chat with two guys at the till and they both said they were getting PS4's and that Pre orders for the PS4 are miles ahead of the Xbox One.

Hope i like the PS4, my biggest concern is the controller and if PSN will be as good as Live!

PSN has been far better than live for nearly 2 years now, and with the instant game collection its a must have, plus you will get 4 free PSN games when you get your PS4.

These are the free games you missed out on already for the PSN.

ps-plus-one-year.jpg

PSN has been far better than live for nearly 2 years now, and with the instant game collection its a must have, plus you will get 4 free PSN games when you get your PS4.

These are the free games you missed out on already for the PSN.
    snip

They're the US ones, the EU ones are even better.

They're the US ones, the EU ones are even better.

Yeah, could not find the image for the EU ones, but it gets the point across :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Vanquish, Demons souls, Street fighter 4 AE, Pacman DX, Retro City Rampage, KOF13, Double dragon neo, Nba Jam...

Thats a lot of entertainment O_o I think I've just been converted to plus.

Well i suppose i've made the right choice then :o

Is ANYBODY getting the xbox one over the ps4??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    dont know what game that is

It's Resistance: Fall of Man, which I distinctly remember playing at a friend's house on the PS3 launch day and thinking "is this really what the big deal was about? It barely looks better than Metroid Prime."

However I do think that they greyish-brown problem isn't nearly as bad this time around. Even Killzone is looking quite colourful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It looked like a badly upscaled PS2 game. An average PS2 game at that.

I don't remember the graphics of the first Resistance game, what I do remember is having a lot of fun playing through the campaign on co-op, so I guess thats what counts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Well i suppose i've made the right choice then :o

i am :D have it pre ordered but still deciding if i should get the ps4 first, either way il have both consoles at one point

only reason i picked the xbox one was because IMO the exclusives look alot better

but then again the whole kinect thing i just realised my room is quite small so im unsure if it will even work in my room :/ will decide after gamescon,

i know if i do switch i will be too late to pre order the ps4, so il just buy it off littlewoods ireland since their over priced ON EVERYTHING im sure il be guarenteed to get a ps4 off them , they have it 79e dearer then it is, but money aint the problem at the moment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm going to go where the games are. I'll not be getting either at launch. The games I want at the moment are all multiplatform. Once the consoles are out, I'll see how I find the PS4 controller. It is 100 euros cheaper, so if the controller is good such that I'll be happy for prolonged time using it, I'll get the PS4 first. I have to get something for those multiplat titles, after all.

I'd say I'll get the Wii U first, though. But even that isn't going to be too soon (maybe). I haven't decided if I'll get it this year. Though if, say a Gamestop had a Wii U kiosk up with The Wonderful 101 and I thought it good enough, I could buy it next month. Then again, it could be later on this year, or it could be next year. Not a clue. I'll put it this way, when I get it, whenever that is, I'll be posting about it.
    i am :D have it pre ordered but still deciding if i should get the ps4 first, either way il have both consoles at one point
    That isn't getting the one over the ps4. No matter the order of purchase. I think the putting one over the other means getting one to the exclusion of the other.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I'm going to go where the games are. I'll not be getting either at launch. The games I want at the moment are all multiplatform. Once the consoles are out, I'll see how I find the PS4 controller. It is 100 euros cheaper, so if the controller is good such that I'll be happy for prolonged time using it, I'll get the PS4 first. I have to get something for those multiplat titles, after all.

I'd say I'll get the Wii U first, though. But even that isn't going to be too soon (maybe). I haven't decided if I'll get it this year. Though if, say a Gamestop had a Wii U kiosk up with The Wonderful 101 and I thought it good enough, I could buy it next month. Then again, it could be later on this year, or it could be next year. Not a clue. I'll put it this way, when I get it, whenever that is, I'll be posting about it.

That isn't getting the one over the ps4. No matter the order of purchase. I think the putting one over the other means getting one to the exclusion of the other.

he said is anyone getting the ONE over the PS4
    basicly, is anyone getting the xbox at launch instead of the ps4

that sentence can be taken any way you like
    il be getting the one first (still deciding but have it pre ordered) and if i do get it first
    i wont be getting the ps4 until at least 2-3 years later

so in that time you can be sure as hell the consoles will be long past their launch

so to answer the previous posters question again
    is anyone getting the ONE over the PS4?
    YES I AM FOR NOW

he said is anyone getting the ONE over the PS4
    basicly, is anyone getting the xbox at launch instead of the ps4
    I'm looking at it and placing the emphasis on the over. I know that the one is obviously talking about the Xbox One.

Yeah, i meant getting the one at launch without getting the ps4.

Gettin a second console maybe 1 year down the line is a different story

Was basically wondering if anybody will exclusively be getting the one at launch instead of the ps4 - which appears to be what most people are going for

I'm looking at it and placing the emphasis on the over. I know that the one is obviously talking about the Xbox One.

i put capitals on the ONE as well as the PS4
    so fair play for pointing out the obvious

Wasn't tryin to piss you off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Here, grow up, will you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I'm going to go where the games are.

I'd say I'll get the Wii U first

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

In fairness it does have a decent head start! I find Nintendo consoles have big gaps between good games, though. There are usually so many horrible third part games released on their systems, but that's nothing reading reviews and playing demos can't sort out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm not really sold on games at launch. Are you different, or is it just new tech so you have to get you some of that? :pac:

Oh I want me some of that PS4 on launch, I'm just waiting to see what comes out on launch day really and what tickles my fancy.

I'll probably be still playing GTA V by the time the PS4 drops anyway so if anything I'll just fire that up in the mean time. :)

Xbox fan boys can be so easy to rile sometimes :pac:

I don't remember the graphics of the first Resistance game, what I do remember is having a lot of fun playing through the campaign on co-op, so I guess thats what counts.

I also remember the campaign being pretty fun, if sort of tacked-on (second character is never even mentioned and seems to be messing up the whole sort of "Lone Hero" thing for the protagonist). However this was still the biggest launch game on the PS3 so you would expect it to be technically good enough to make you feel justified in dropping €600+ on a games console.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    In fairness it does have a decent head start! I find Nintendo consoles have big gaps between good games, though. There are usually so many horrible third part games released on their systems, but that's nothing reading reviews and playing demos can't sort out.

This is true. Most of the good games on Nintendo systems seem to be their big first-party franchises which take a while to make and considering they only really have a few that they reliably work with, they tend to be fairly spaced out, especially since they've lately been devoting a good bit of time to the general "Wii so-and-so" that sells so well. Honestly, if Nintendo decided to up their staff and create enough high-quality games (maybe a new IP Nintendo? haven't gotten one since Pikmin) by themselves to make the console good by itself then I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Wii U and make that my main console.

Unfortunately, right now even months after the Wii U release, it still doesn't have a single game that breaks the 90 mark on Metacritic and out of the top 10 highest-rated Wii U games, only two are exclusive to the console (#8, Mutant Mudds Deluxe, a small indie game and #10, New Super Mario Bros U which is still using gameplay unchanged from around 30 years ago).
    Xbox fan boys can be so easy to rile sometimes all the time :pac:

Fixed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am still going ps4 route first. When I can I will pick up Xbox one too. I have to say if they would not have done a U turn on the whole online thing, then I would have completely ignored it. Now, in a way, MS got some respect back from me for admiting a feck up and listening to community ( more of a data wish showed preorders I guess then community ).
    I might put a few quid on my ps4 again this Friday. So far 250eu played off. If everything will go fine I will have it played off before November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I am still going ps4 route first. When I can I will pick up Xbox one too. I have to say if they would not have done a U turn on the whole online thing, then I would have completely ignored it.

Agree, definitely for me anyway the U-turns have made it a harder decision between the two. Have always been a Xbox>PS person until now and have a PS4 preordered, but find myself swaying a little back towards Xbone lately and finding it hard to decide now :(

Bloody first world problems :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

maximoose wrote: »
    Agree, definitely for me anyway the U-turns have made it a harder decision between the two. Have always been a Xbox>PS person until now and have a PS4 preordered, but find myself swaying a little back towards Xbone lately and finding it hard to decide now :(

Bloody first world problems :pac:

Well, I still find PS4 to be a better all around package. So it did not made me to go back to drawing board. Its just now Xbox One is going to be on a list of stuff to buy too.

I do agree, that for a good few people, specially xbox fanbase it might be a bit tricky time. There is nothing worse when you 100% decided on something and last minute it all changes completely.

Okay so I saw this crop up on my Facebook feed today:

Xbox One demand "through the roof", could outship PS4 by 3-to-1

Now that sounds so odd to me that I'm kind of inclined to say this is just some insidious marketing BS from Microsoft and looking at the comments on Facebook under the article it seems like a lot of people think the same. Does anyone else think that maybe it's actually true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

C14N wrote: »

Now that sounds so odd to me that I'm kind of inclined to say this is just some insidious marketing BS from Microsoft and looking at the comments on Facebook under the article it seems like a lot of people think the same. Does anyone else think that maybe it's actually true?

For every PS4 bought they'll be 3 X1s left on the shelf more like :p

C14N wrote: »

It is total BS, every poll I have seen asking people which console they are planning on buying has been won by a landside by Sony.

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85040158

Our own poll here shows that nearly 90 percent more users will be getting a PS4 than a Xbox 1, although tempted to do a new poll given that we know more about the systems now.

Advertisement