Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will you choose between MS & Sony's new consoles?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Oat23 wrote: »
    But it's still cheaper to buy a PS4 and FIFA :confused:

I don't see what difference it would make to be honest.
    At least they've seemingly chosen a good game. FIFA 13 is still high in the charts now, who does be buying it 11 months later I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Fifa confirmed as being free for EU makets for XBOX One
    Harrison: All pre-orders for Xbox One will include a copy of FIFA 14 at no extra cost. Includes all pre-orders to date.
    Harrison : CoD: Ghosts will be available as a "premium" Xbox One bundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Interesting. Have found myself steadily swaying back towards Xbox, this softens the price a little at least. What are gamestop saying on their site regarding new preorders?

maximoose wrote: »
    Interesting. Have found myself steadily swaying back towards Xbox, this softens the price a little at least. What are gamestop saying on their site regarding new preorders?

Nothing yet, it is the premium bundle that may cause some confusion, was not really detailed in its announcement, still though you could buy a PS4 and Fifa and it would still be cheaper than a XBOX One

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,064 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

OXMUK tweeted saying all existing pre-orders will get Fifa as well as new ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ah, sorry- I meant about availability and delivery times!

Ah, sorry- I meant about availability and delivery times!

They did not release a price or release date for the COD Bundle
    Microsoft also announced a Call of Duty: Ghosts premium console bundle, including an Xbox One, Kinect and the game, along with bonus game content. DLCs will still be timed exclusives. No release date or pricing was confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Microsoft unveils Xbox One indie developer self-publishing program

Glad to see they finally got the finger out on this one. Couple of really nice bits of info there, they may be (very) late to the party on this one but at least it looks like they've listened again.

Complete final list of launch games for the Xbox

http://kotaku.com/here-are-the-xbox-ones-launch-games-1170844581

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ZeroBarry

The hardware and OS of the PS4 are some of the main reasons I'm going for the PS4. The hardware, although only slightly higher grade then the XB is still being made available at a cheaper price on PS4 in comparison to XB. I feel that XB are playing catch-up with the inclusion of Blu-Ray on their new system. At least Nintendo can be commended for coming up with the Nintendo Optical Disc in collaboration with Panasonic.

I'm also a fan of the operating system they are putting on the console, a variation of FreeBSD called Orbis OS. I feel a combination of the hardware/software will provide a smooth gaming/navigation experience when using the console as the Orbis OS is to make use of FreeBSD's strong multitasking capabilities. On the other side, I'm not the biggest fan of the windows OS, which they are putting a variation of onto the XB, so for this reason and more I won't be opting for purchasing the XB.

The fact that I am a PS3 owner also has some influence on my reason for purchasing a PS4, as I haven't had any issues with the quality of games/service provided by Sony's PS division (excluding the data breach issue causing PSN to go offline a few years ago). Having a PS Plus account in advance of the PS4 release is also a bonus as I can still view my trophies and stats from PS3 games on my next gen console.

Finally, I have strong respect for Sony's early support of indie game developers as doing so backs up their statement of loyalty to the gamers while in turn also could potentially provide gamers with more variety as the more indie developers you support/encourage to develop for your console could potentially enhance your customers gaming selection.

• Advertisement

Will throw this out here as well, seeing that that a lot of people are getting excited about free Fifa.

The 9 free PS4 games http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/07/25/9-free-ps4-games/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Xenji wrote: »
    Will throw this out here as well, seeing that that a lot of people are getting excited about free Fifa.

The 9 free PS4 games http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/07/25/9-free-ps4-games/

*Checks his Warframe played time - 87h16min10seconds and counting...

Yup, I am ready to play that bitch on ps4 too! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

your such a child :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    you're such a child :L

:pac:

your such a child :L

It's true, all this is bringing the inner child out in me again, have not been this excited since I unwrapped my Sega Mega Drive.

Otacon wrote: »
    :pac:

grammer nazi at it again :pac: disisdaint3rnet :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

GTR63 wrote: »
    At least they've seemingly chosen a good game. FIFA 13 is still high in the charts now, who does be buying it 11 months later I don't know.

OT but I bought it yesterday for a score after playing up in a friends :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Niska

As that includes F2P titles, we can add World of Tanks and Killer Instinct to FIFA 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Everquest Next will almost certainly be brought to the PS4 at some point in the future too, it's an MMO obviously but looks interesting, is also F2P.

Niska wrote: »
    As that includes F2P titles, we can add World of Tanks and Killer Instinct to FIFA 14.

PS4 still wins though! :pac:

• Advertisement

PS4 still wins though! :pac:

quality over quantity anyday :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

But PS4 wins both? :confused: :P

But PS4 wins both? :confused: :P

where did you learn to count :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

where did you learn to count :P

9 is greater than 3?
    Even though I don't think World of Tanks is coming to X1 yet, can replace it with Project Spark.

9 is greater than 3?
    Even though I don't think World of Tanks is coming to X1 yet, can replace it with Project Spark.

and i said quality is better then quantity , the quantity being the 9 the quality being the 3
    forget it it was a joke anyhow :pac: hence the little pac man face next to the sentence

Unfortunately PS4 got both over XBOX 180 :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Interesting that Sony are doing deals with telecom companies for reserved bandwidth.

I wonder did they just saunter into a Net Neutrality minefield?

Unfortunately PS4 got both over XBOX 180 :pac:

In your opinion kid :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

PS4 launches in Europe on November 29th. Only 14 weeks left to wait... impatiently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Interesting that they aren't going in line with MS and releasing the console worldwide, Europe gets a delay.

I definitely want a PS4 but with XBOne coming with Fifa for free I might be tempted...

Advertisement