Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will you choose between MS & Sony's new consoles?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    In your opinion kid :)

Stop calling everyone "kid".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I definitely want a PS4 but with XBOne coming with Fifa for free I might be tempted...

I really don't understand that though. You can get a PS4 and FIFA (even if you get it outside of a store bundle) cheaper regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That press conference has made up my mind, going for PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Otacon wrote: »
    I really don't understand that though. You can get a PS4 and FIFA (even if you get it outside of a store bundle) cheaper regardless.
    I don't care for Fifa, but I'd wager there is more than just one factor in the decision. There are probably others, like where friends will be playing, a controller that is a known quantity vs an unknown, which one will be released first, and probably others I can't think of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

That press conference has made up my mind, going for PS4.
    What was it from the conference that won you? Seemed more interesting from a vita perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I don't care for Fifa, but I'd wager there is more than just one factor in the decision. There are probably others, like where friends will be playing, a controller that is a known quantity vs an unknown, which one will be released first, and probably others I can't think of.

True but "with XBOne coming with Fifa for free" suggests that is the factor that is swaying the decision.

Anyway, that was some massive list of games coming to the PS4. From here:

Volume
    Rogue Legacy
    Guns of Icarus Online
    Wasteland Kings
    Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
    Everyone’s Gone to the Rapture (PlayStation 4 exclusive)
    Helldivers (PS4 / Vita exclusive)
    Resogun
    Shadow of the Beast
    Rime (PlayStation 4 exclusive)
    Starbound
    N++
    Fez
    The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
    Velocity 2x
    Minecraft

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Besides the 9 free games already announced by Sony, they added 5 more in that press conference, so that is 14 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pushtrak wrote: »
    What was it from the conference that won you? Seemed more interesting from a vita perspective.

The Vita stuff was one of the biggest factors. I have one since launch and Sony saying that all PS4 games will support remote play is huge for me. I love their line up of indie and Sony Studio games too. I mean who really ever thought we'd see a next gen Shadow of the Beast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Thought that Sony conference was the biggest waste of time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The Vita stuff was one of the biggest factors. I have one since launch and Sony saying that all PS4 games will support remote play is huge for me.

I thought he said most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I mean who really ever thought we'd see a next gen Shadow of the Beast?
    After this, I was quietly optimistic.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/08/amiga-games-acquired/

F1ngers wrote: »
    I thought he said most.

He did, but by that I assumed he meant the only ones that can't be played are ones that use PS Move or PS Eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

F1ngers wrote: »
    I thought he said most.

They've said before that it's all except those that have camera or motion control stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

He did, but by that I assumed he meant the only ones that can't be played are ones that use PS Move or PS Eye.
    Varik wrote: »
    They've said before that it's all except those that have camera or motion control stuff.

Ah, makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Otacon wrote: »

Plus it's the more powerful system

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Strikes me that both consoles don't do an awful lot for me that the current crop do.
    Perhaps even we get out of the blatant ports of the first gen titles and into something more interesting later on, but that's probably not going to happen until late 2014.
    Other great things about waiting a little while longer is a hardware revision so it doesn't cook itself and firmware that includes all of the launch promises and isn't trying to kill it's host console.

That said, I'll probably have a PS4 fit Christmas and pick up the Xbox One in the new year.
    Can't help myself even though I know better :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

the 2 are so similar, ive had a ps4 preordered quite a while now but if ms had the console and the drm and the free fifa and all the rest of the changes back at e3 i really think i would have preordered an xbox1,
    the lack of sky go on playstation is a massive drawback and by now sony should have this sorted out by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

cadete wrote: »
    the 2 are so similar, ive had a ps4 preordered quite a while now but if ms had the console and the drm and the free fifa and all the rest of the changes back at e3 i really think i would have preordered an xbox1

I'm probably the same. Was definitely in the 360>PS3 camp this gen, pre-ordered a ps4 in May and thought the Xbone was a mess. All the backtracking and changes in policies has kind of evened out the two (granted I know the ps4 is still more powerful) and the inclusion of Fifa helps on the price a bit, thinking more and more that I'll be scrapping the ps4 order and going xbox again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I doubt there'll be a 4k TV in my house any time soon :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

maximoose wrote: »
    I doubt there'll be a 4k TV in my house any time soon :pac:

lol deleted the post your referring to(checked out exactly the situation) seems neither will be really suitable for 4k at the minute because of technical stuff i have no clue about :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have to admit, the 29th of November launch date really bumped me down... I don't know if it was wise to launch 2 weeks after Xbox one. As confident as Sony is now I can see a lot of pre orders switching back to Xbox. In fairness MS did changed so much and made a lot more attractive console.

So still over 3 months go...

I have to admit, the 29th of November launch date really bumped me down... I don't know if it was wise to launch 2 weeks after Xbox one. As confident as Sony is now I can see a lot of pre orders switching back to Xbox. In fairness MS did changed so much and made a lot more attractive console.

So still over 3 months go...

Still no release from Xbox, though it most likely will be earlier than the 29th.
    Even though most rumours, and the general vibe from MS is that they weren't ready and are behind so they could delay worldwide rather than just sell in very few countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Still no release from Xbox, though it most likely will be earlier than the 29th.
    Even though most rumours, and the general vibe from MS is that they weren't ready and are behind so they could delay worldwide rather than just sell in very few countries.

Surely MS announced launch at 15th of November? No?

Unless I missed some news they just said they were launching in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They said November and people just said the 15th as it was in the middle of the month and a Friday, I reckon it will be released the 22nd so as to lead up to Black Friday, if they miss the November release window they will have shot themselves in the foot again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Acerbus Maximus

I'll most likely get the PS4 in about 5 years just to play the 2 or 3 good exclusives that weren't ported to PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sony said the 15th for the US but MS have not given a date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

I think I will be pre-ordering an xbox one this weekend. Not sure if I will have my console for christmas day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

It's weird how many people are switching to X1 with the FIFA. Surely there must be some other reason so many are considering going over? It IS still cheaper to buy it with the PS4 and in any case, most of your friends will probably be playing it on the old console for the next year anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

C14N wrote: »
    It's weird how many people are switching to X1 with the FIFA. Surely there must be some other reason so many are considering going over? It IS still cheaper to buy it with the PS4 and in any case, most of your friends will probably be playing it on the old console for the next year anyway.

Personally I couldn't be happier as it'll make it much easier for me to pick up a PS4 as soon as I want to get one.

Advertisement