Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will you choose between MS & Sony's new consoles?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Starting to get slightly worried, I prefer the DS3 to the 360 controller and I like to the look of the DS4 but if it is too different I'm might not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Varik wrote: »
    Starting to get slightly worried, I prefer the DS3 to the 360 controller and I like to the look of the DS4 but if it is too different I'm might not.

Time (and getting actual hands-on time at Eurogamer Expo) will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

ION08 wrote: »
    Hey, can you give me a bit more info with regard to what you thought of the controllers?

How did you find the PS4 controller compare to the ONE controller?

I'll be going from an Xbox 360 to a PS4 and the controller is my biggest concern... the Xbox 360 controller being amazing compared to the light & flimsy controller of the PS3

One thing that really annoys me about Sony is the fact that Analogue sticks have been the main input for movement for over a decade now, yet Sony still place it in an awkward position as if the D-Pad were the primary control while the analogue stick is placed like a secondary ... they should really swap around the positions around ... (they should have done this many years ago!)

the Xboxone controller is like a sleeker 360 controller. Looks like batman redesigned it. It is nice but the ps4 one was just perfect. They have stretched it width ways. Your thumbs rest naturally over the thumb sticks neither over extended or arched like on the ps3. The portion that fits in your palm is contoured so it is held by your palm freeing up all your fingers for buttons.

On the ps3 I had to use my third finger to hold it underneath and my thumbs arched for the sticks.

The second I picked it up it just felt right. It was hard to judge weight as they had big metal clamps so you couldn't steal them. But both felt nice and solid.

I was have zero worries about either. I played fifa, war thunder and need for speed on ps4 and it was really good for all three. Played fifa and nba on the one and it was also good.

But the graphics are outstanding. It is just up to the games to make use of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

:eek:

NUHgswC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

NUHgswC.jpg

Sure thats not yours ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Xenji wrote: »
    Sure thats not yours ;)

hells no....sure i'm a xbox hater. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

the Xboxone controller is like a sleeker 360 controller. Looks like batman redesigned it. It is nice but the ps4 one was just perfect. They have stretched it width ways. Your thumbs rest naturally over the thumb sticks neither over extended or arched like on the ps3. The portion that fits in your palm is contoured so it is held by your palm freeing up all your fingers for buttons.

On the ps3 I had to use my third finger to hold it underneath and my thumbs arched for the sticks.

The second I picked it up it just felt right. It was hard to judge weight as they had big metal clamps so you couldn't steal them. But both felt nice and solid.

I was have zero worries about either. I played fifa, war thunder and need for speed on ps4 and it was really good for all three. Played fifa and nba on the one and it was also good.

But the graphics are outstanding. It is just up to the games to make use of it.

Thanks, that's great info and exactly what I wanted to hear :)

How did you find, Need for Speed Rivals?...

Im a big fan of the series and it'll be the first game I get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

ION08 wrote: »
    Thanks, that's great info and exactly what I wanted to hear :)

How did you find, Need for Speed Rivals?...

Im a big fan of the series and it'll be the first game I get

Looks and plays amazingly well. I played it on a big screen tv standing about 1to 2 foot away from it and everything was crisp and clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Good to hear about the controllers. Honestly, I don't think it'll be a big factor for me though. Both the controllers will probably be perfectly fine and you stop thinking about it while playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

NUHgswC.jpg

whoever paid that much for kinetic sports deserves a smack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

whoever paid that much for kinetic sports deserves a smack

precisely.

But still...he must have a lot of money to dispose of.

are those prices in euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Xenji wrote: »

probably the most amazing kinect game ive seen :pac: looks like alot of fun but no way in hell will i be paying full retail price for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

NUHgswC.jpg
    I thought the ps4 was only 400 and some of the games look more expensive then I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

THE RECEIPT

64.99 for a game.....F%@K that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Mr Freeze wrote: »

I would not be surprised to see games at 59.99eu point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

If any FPS fans are still undecided about which console to get check out Titianfall. Its creating a wave of positive reviews.
    The videos look incredible.

Check out IGN's first impressions of the game.

The majority of game from Gamestop will be €65, I'm hoping they'll lower the price on my order if they do lower the current prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

If any FPS fans are still undecided about which console to get check out Titianfall. Its creating a wave of positive reviews.

Looks great, I'll be getting it on my PC and enjoying my PS4 too :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I'll get it when it eventually comes to the PS4. Looks like a cool game

• Advertisement

Titan fall is a game I'd get a ONE for but as I'm already getting the PS4 and the numerous FPS such as planetside 2 that I can play I'll wait to see if it shows up on PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, even though I don't know when I'll get any of the three, I can really see myself getting the Wii U first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I would not be surprised to see games at 59.99eu point.

Prices for PS4 games on Amazon are dropping a little. For example COD: Ghosts is €55.

1ZRed wrote: »
    I'll get it when it eventually comes to the PS4. Looks like a cool game

I'm fairly sure there's no reason to believe it'll come to PS4. It hasn't been announced as a timed exclusive or anything like that. It does look fairly good though, I might pick it up on PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Most of them are GBP 45 on Amazon UK. No way I'm paying nearly 65 euro when I can preorder online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

if they are 65 a game in general im definitely sticking with my pc and skipping this generation of console. I just wish most of the same games would come out on the pc :(

Lone Stone wrote: »
    if they are 65 a game in general im definitely sticking with my pc and skipping this generation of console. I just wish most of the same games would come out on the pc :(

It's just the retailers trying to get some more out of everyone, Amazon are a bit more reasonably close to the current gen prices. Price will go back to normal in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

C14N wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure there's no reason to believe it'll come to PS4. It hasn't been announced as a timed exclusive or anything like that. It does look fairly good though, I might pick it up on PC.

The developers were asked about a PS4 version after E3. They responded by saying they would definitely not rule it out.

Plus it is published by EA and they don't usually make games for one system. Just look at what they managed to do with the original Mass Effect.

C14N wrote: »

Just going by how much MS would have had to pay for something that could be as big as COD I'd say it's timed and Respawn would be meant to keep quiet about any other version. The only games that will be exclusive are small one and first party.

There was no word on Minecraft for PS consoles until suddenly there was.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Just going by how much MS would have had to pay for something that could be as big as COD I'd say it's timed and Respawn would be meant to keep quiet about any other version. The only games that will be exclusive are small one and first party.

There was no word on Minecraft for PS consoles until suddenly there was.

Not always though. Ratchet and Clank is a big (if not as big as COD or a game made by the COD devs) third party franchise I can think of that stayed exclusive. Sucker Punch games stayed exclusive to Sony even before the acquisition too. Gears of War was an Xbox exclusive and that was huge.

That being said, if Respawn have specifically said they're not ruling out a PS4 release, then I'd change my opinion and say one will come along.

Advertisement