Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection drops and comes back several times/day.

Options
  • 20-01-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

and checking my router my speeds vary between 4MB and 1MB
    Line Attenuation is pretty stable at 55/31 dB
    Knocknacarra area, Galway.

This started after Christmas after being fine during autumn. Same router, restarted it a few times etc.

Is there works going on or something in the area?

NB, I had similar issues before at a different address and it got sorted then by your people. I assume there some similar issue again.
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056161053/1#post70461118

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

biko wrote: »
    and checking my router my speeds vary between 4MB and 1MB
    Line Attenuation is pretty stable at 55/31 dB
    Knocknacarra area, Galway.

This started after Christmas after being fine during autumn. Same router, restarted it a few times etc.

Is there works going on or something in the area?

NB, I had similar issues before at a different address and it got sorted then by your people. I assume there some similar issue again.
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056161053/1#post70461118

Hi biko

Would you like to PM me your new landline number? I will look into this and run a few tests.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hi, I haven't got an update yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

biko wrote: »
    Hi, I haven't got an update yet.
    Hi biko,

I have just sent you a PM.

Regards

Al

Hi, I'm back because my speeds are slow and connection drops again occasionally.
    Speed right now is:
    2496/512 (kbps)

Line Attenuation
    55/31 dB

should be closer to 4/5 mbps or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Speeds are more dependant on the signal to noise margin rather than the attenuation, anything below 7db on the down noise margin is going to cause problems, so thats the first thing to check. what is your speed supposed to be set at?

once you check the noise margin run through the normal testing on main socket with all phones disconnected and see if its the same.

• Advertisement

My speed is supposed to be 8mb but I've never been able to get that. I do however usually get about 3 easy and usually a bit more.
    Recently its been dropping and slowing and it's not the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

My connection also drops several times a day but speeds appear to be okay, I was putting it down to work being carried out for the fibre roll-out but it may well be DNS issues

It's funny how my broadband get slower and slower but never faster.
    Something has been wrong with eircom almost once a year and it's taken at least a week to fix it each time.

My company is paying for an 8mb business account for me but I wonder at what point it's better for me to take the hit financially and move to UPC for broadband so I can actually do my work.

Imagine, I have to turn down free broadband from eircom so I can get things done.

It's now been two days since I resurrected this thread, am I supposed to do something else to get assistance? Or start a new thread?

Advertisement