Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does "No Wireless Wann included" mean?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

More focused towards business I think, so may not need the wlan. In saying that, I thought all would have it built in as standard by now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Wireless WAN is Wide Area Network such as 3g which is not to be confused with Wireless WLAN.
    That system has WLAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

SickBoy wrote: »
    Wireless WAN is Wide Area Network such as 3g which is not to be confused with Wireless WLAN.
    That system has WLAN.

Thanks for the reply, I think wireless wan is referring to 3g. Will chek before I buy but what do you think of the overall spec of the Vostro 3360?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Wireless wan is a 3G mobile connection, using a sim card from Vodafone or the others.

If you're buying one of those Vostros, check the coupon codes on the dell site
    http://www.dell.com/ie/business/p/d/campaigns/voucher-and-discount-coupons-smb-ie.aspx
    for a few quid off.

I find that the current vostro laptops are of poor quality though.
    Lots of flex in the chassis and the batteries seem to give out much more quickly than any other laptop I've seen. And they are really expensive to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

It probably should read "No WWAN" - dellspeak for a 3g card - can be very useful,put in a SIM card and away you go.

You'll see the space for it in the pic attached.

When you click on "Print Summary" on the right hand side you get :

Wireless:
    Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0+LE

So it'll have bluetooth and b/g/n - no 5 Ghz though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

ressem wrote: »
    Wireless wan is a 3G mobile connection, using a sim card from Vodafone or the others.

If you're buying one of those Vostros, check the coupon codes on the dell site
    http://www.dell.com/ie/business/p/d/campaigns/voucher-and-discount-coupons-smb-ie.aspx
    for a few quid off.

I find that the current vostro laptops are of poor quality though.
    Lots of flex in the chassis and the batteries seem to give out much more quickly than any other laptop I've seen. And they are really expensive to replace.

I suppose something's gotta give at that price point but ill be using this as a desktop replacement hooked up to dual monitors with external mouse and key board.
    All things being equal I'd go for a Lenovo but with an anticipated 3 year life for any laptop these days I'm leaning towards the dell based on price and number of ports eg VGA and hdmi.

Advertisement