Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013: My Study Log

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eilisnina

You're so dedicated to this. I'm too stressed to be on the computer!

TRINNERS FOR WINNERS !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

eilisnina wrote: »
    You're so dedicated to this. I'm too stressed to be on the computer!

TRINNERS FOR WINNERS !

Damn straight :D Ah sure there's no point in stressing, doesn't help anyone!

-

English paper one went quite well, except I forgot that the essay had to be long, only did two and three quarter pages.
    Maths was a different story. Never studied differentiation from first principles, and completely blanked in integration :(

Gonna have a shower now and study after.
    Goals:
    -Bishop, Comparative, Macbeth
    - Paper 2 of Maths

1337 views :cool:

Anyway, finished English. I only know Plath and bishop, so sh!ts going down if one of them doesnt come up. I reckon I'm grand for the comparative, not so sure about Macbeth.

Moving on to Maths now, I'm going to do two paper twos. Then I'm going to bed. Night all

No motivation at all :( Feeling very unprepared for Maths, I'm grand for practical questions but ai haven't learned a single theorem...
    Going to do some more English after a 15 minute break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Methememb wrote: »
    1337 views :cool:
    You are going to be running the place by the end of the year :P

• Advertisement

decisions wrote: »
    You are going to be running the place by the end of the year :P

Sound :D Hopefully I'll be too busy partying though :D :cool:

-

Had a 15 minute break, threw on my Remee mask and listened to a few songs. Opened my eyes to a cuppa from the mother... Sound!
    Went back to English, nailed it. Feeling much more confident. Bedtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

How do you study? I I ****ed.

Depends on the subject. Chemistry I highlight key bits, make mind maps, and do exam questions. English, The same. Maths, applied Maths and physics are just exam papers. I don't study Irish. German is just about vocab and grammar .

-

Today went very well :D Nailed the Macbeth question, poetry was probably the weakest, but wasn't bad at all. Maths paper, most questions were probability which we haven't covered yet, so I finished the paper in like 40 minutes, aced it :D

Delighted. Buying an iPhone at half 5 then a quick look over irish. Maybe some breaking bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kenbob

Depends on the subject. Chemistry I highlight key bits, make mind maps, and do exam questions. English, The same. Maths, applied Maths and physics are just exam papers. I don't study Irish. German is just about vocab and grammar .

-

Today went very well :D Nailed the Macbeth question, poetry was probably the weakest, but wasn't bad at all. Maths paper, most questions were probability which we haven't covered yet, so I finished the paper in like 40 minutes, aced it :D

Delighted. Buying an iPhone at half 5 then a quick look over irish. Maybe some breaking bad.
    Do you attend a gaelscoil seeing as you don't feel the need to study it?

This is the way I look at it:
    - Learn off a great essay
    - Be good at the oral

If you do that, do a good listening and comprehensions, and wing it on the poetry and prose you can still get an A

• Advertisement

Got absolutely nothing done tonight. Zero. Zilch. Grandmother is very ill, I was babysitting my sister. Was distracted all evening. Going to bed now, Irish paper 2 tomorrow.
    Night all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I hope you get computer science ;) you seem very dedicated. I just don't know how to study anymore :( see ya I trinners LOL

Did surprisingly well in Irish today... Not doing a tap tonight, Irish paper 1 tomorrow, I've something like 4 hours stuck in the room before it to learn off m essay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aoifep

Cramming tips for chemistry? Screwed tomorrow :( ?

aoifep wrote: »
    Cramming tips for chemistry? Screwed tomorrow :( ?

Ethanal. Just try learning as many short definitions as possible and know a titration experiment
    Good luck!

___
    Sadly my grandmother passed away (RIP)on Wednesday night, haven't done any study tonight as there was a private wake for the family. Won't get much done at the weekend either due to funeral on Saturday. Thankfully I've Monday off to study for chemistry, and Wednesday off to study for physics and applied maths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. RIP.

Sound
    ===

German went well today. Next exam is chemistry on Tuesday. Funeral tomorrow, back to normality on Sunday hopefully.
    Night all

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cba

Sound
    ===

German went well today. Next exam is chemistry on Tuesday. Funeral tomorrow, back to normality on Sunday hopefully.
    Night all

sorry to hear.

Very busy weekend, only got home late last night, so I'm starting studying now. Chemistry exam tomorrow, I'm comfortable enough with Chemistry usually, so I'll just be practicing exam papers today. Also have my Irsh oral tomorrow, I'll try and look at the sraithpictuirsni suppose!

Very unproductive so far. Still extremely tired. Folks are gone out so I'm going to have a cuppa and some digestive, and watch some breaking bad. Hopefully it'll kick me back into action.

• Advertisement

Only starting back into it note, I'm ashamed to say. Going to drive through it foot a few hours, it'll be worth it.

Shattered isn't the word. Not satisfied with what I've gotten done today. Way to tired. Chemistry tomorrow, and the Irish oral. Ah well. Having a pizza now and then bed.

Today went well, considering.
    I think I may have gotten an A2 on Chemistry, definitely not an A1, fcuked up the calculation for heats of combustion and on the one for pH.

Irish oral was beyond easy.

Tonight Im going to have a look over some Applied Maths Connected Particles.

Going to head to bed early. Physics and Applied Maths mocks are on thursday. Thankfully I'm off tomorrow.

Last day of the mocks tomorrow. Not feeling great about it at all. Physics will be a disaster I reckon. Ah well.

I had the whole day of today, and although I was at the books all day, I feel like I've learned extremely little. I'm taking the weekend off and starting into study on Monday. If the mocks has taught me one thing, it's that I'm not ready. I've had enough of fûcking about with small chapters every night. I'm fooling myself. I know the material, what I need to do now is be able to produce it in an acceptable exam format. From now until the leading cert, I intend to do one paper per night, as well as my homework. Weekends will be used to review my weaker points. By the time I get to three real thing it'll be like second nature. Sounds great in theory anyway :D Ah well... goodnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

Wow sounds like you are really motivated for the next 4 months :D Well done :)

Sound Rachel! Hopefully I'll be able to actually stick with it now :P

@Ada9405: Sorry, I don't do Art History.

-

Physics was an absolute disaster. I'd be lucky to scrape a C.

Applied Maths was better. Hopefully I get around a B2. Didn't answer Part b of the projectiles question or Differential equations because I haven't covered them yet.

Chilling till monday now then getting back into it. See you all then !

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

Last day of the mocks tomorrow. Not feeling great about it at all. Physics will be a disaster I reckon. Ah well.

I had the whole day of today, and although I was at the books all day, I feel like I've learned extremely little. I'm taking the weekend off and starting into study on Monday. If the mocks has taught me one thing, it's that I'm not ready. I've had enough of fûcking about with small chapters every night. I'm fooling myself. I know the material, what I need to do now is be able to produce it in an acceptable exam format. From now until the leading cert, I intend to do one paper per night, as well as my homework. Weekends will be used to review my weaker points. By the time I get to three real thing it'll be like second nature. Sounds great in theory anyway :D Ah well... goodnight!

I have been doing that method of revision for a few months, paid off in the mocks today when I was able to finish my Biology paper in 55minutes with every question done :P

sganyfx wrote: »
    I have been doing that method of revision for a few months, paid off in the mocks today when I was able to finish my Biology paper in 55minutes with every question done :P

Unreal :D Nice to know it works :)

Attached my Chemistry Mind Maps. If you use them, please post an honest review here: http://bit.ly/UGIcKY .
    Trying to save up for college.

Notes: http://bit.ly/V23fp1

• Advertisement

Midterm Day 1 - Chemistry

Goals:
    2003 Exam Paper
    2004 Exam Paper.

It's too early for this **** :D

Advertisement