Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013: My Study Log

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

what essay topics is everyone doing for irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

lc_2013 wrote: »
    what essay topics is everyone doing for irish?

I'm just doing a story.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

I'm hoping something about the education system or young people comes up.. By any chance, are you guys leaving out the peom and story from last year that came up.. Hurlamaboc and An tEarrach Thiar?? I'm an external candidate doing my Irish.. and I'm wondering what your teachers have suggested to do??

I totally left out the two from last year. I think it's highly unlikely that they will come up.

Today was all Maths. We had a full day of Maths in school, then I came home and went over exam questions for a few hours. Only bit that needs improving is Financial then I'm sorted.

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    I'm hoping something about the education system or young people comes up.. By any chance, are you guys leaving out the peom and story from last year that came up.. Hurlamaboc and An tEarrach Thiar?? I'm an external candidate doing my Irish.. and I'm wondering what your teachers have suggested to do??

I'm an external candidate as well, and yes leaving out last years poem and story, it's highly unlikely. I'm doing an fhilíocht bhreise so will be leaving out A Chlann too.

• Advertisement

What I did today:

Irish: Revised Eiceolaí
    English: Revised Shakespeare
    Applied Maths: 3 or 4 Wedge questions
    Physics: Light, Sound, Electricity

Seemed like a lot more while I was doing it... Have to pick it up a bit...

I'm an external candidate as well, and yes leaving out last years poem and story, it's highly unlikely. I'm doing an fhilíocht bhreise so will be leaving out A Chlann too.

Are you doing all the work yourself?? it is quite intense. I did An Triail.. so I won't be doing the additional poems. What essays have you covered.. A lot of people are talking about 'The Gathering' coming up as an essay... I'm all over the place on the essay front. I've only finished college exams so I'm ploughing through Irish now.. it's tough! I'm really hoping the education system comes up or na daoine óga... What do you think?

Yesterday I did:

Shakespeare Introduction
    Maths 2012 Paper 2
    2012 - 2009 Q4's in Applied Maths
    Chemistry 2004 Exam
    Physics Revision sheets our teacher gave us.

Today I did:
    Electrochemistry
    Q8 from 2012 maths paper 2
    Irish Dánta Breise - reading over them and notes.

Heading out to dinner for an 18th then!

Are you doing all the work yourself?? it is quite intense. I did An Triail.. so I won't be doing the additional poems. What essays have you covered.. A lot of people are talking about 'The Gathering' coming up as an essay... I'm all over the place on the essay front. I've only finished college exams so I'm ploughing through Irish now.. it's tough! I'm really hoping the education system comes up or na daoine óga... What do you think?

Yeah all the work by myself it's really hard. I'm doing the Gathering, Irish language, education, and life of young people/teens as well which is what most people have been saying. Saying that I haven't prepared for any of them so I'm pretty much screwed.. How are you going about learning them? I have no clue!

Yeah all the work by myself it's really hard. I'm doing the Gathering, Irish language, education, and life of young people/teens as well which is what most people have been saying. Saying that I haven't prepared for any of them so I'm pretty much screwed.. How are you going about learning them? I have no clue!

I've got essays on:
    Tionchar na Meáin Chumarsáide ar aos óg an lae inniu
    Córas Oideachais
    Fadhbanna an Duine Óig
    Fadhbanna Soisalta
    Teanga na Gaeilge
    AN Ginmhilleadh
    and I may look into something on the Gathering.. but I'm wondering will the Gathering come up as an essay or a comprehension?? the same with Abortion.. i also think Abortion is a sensitive topic and also as many Secondary schools are Catholic.. but it was very topical in October with Savita Halappanavar dying.. It's a tough one.. also, I have all these essays and I don't know where to start with learning them either... :confused: I was told that Tír na nóg will prob come up as this year is the "Year of Irish" and I've also been told that Geibheann might come up.. please don't quote me on it.. Someone posted up that a lady always predicts what essays come up and she is normally right, and this year she has predicted that the Education System is gonna come up??????? No point in not learning it.... Have you heard any predictions or anything??? I must say, this external candidate malarkey is not easy!!!

• Advertisement

I've got essays on:
    Tionchar na Meáin Chumarsáide ar aos óg an lae inniu
    Córas Oideachais
    Fadhbanna an Duine Óig
    Fadhbanna Soisalta
    Teanga na Gaeilge
    AN Ginmhilleadh
    and I may look into something on the Gathering.. but I'm wondering will the Gathering come up as an essay or a comprehension?? the same with Abortion.. i also think Abortion is a sensitive topic and also as many Secondary schools are Catholic.. but it was very topical in October with Savita Halappanavar dying.. It's a tough one.. also, I have all these essays and I don't know where to start with learning them either... :confused: I was told that Tír na nóg will prob come up as this year is the "Year of Irish" and I've also been told that Geibheann might come up.. please don't quote me on it.. Someone posted up that a lady always predicts what essays come up and she is normally right, and this year she has predicted that the Education System is gonna come up??????? No point in not learning it.... Have you heard any predictions or anything??? I must say, this external candidate malarkey is not easy!!!

I'm freaking out today. Possibly a comprehension, but if importance/future of Irish Language came up you could bring The Gathering in there somewhere, think I'd join the two together. I heard Tír na nOg from a friend of a friend as well but it's hard to tell with Irish poetry, could be anything. I'm def concentrating on it tho. A guy on YouTube is fairly good at predicting but no videos have gone up for 2013 predictions yet.. I also heard to concentrate on Themes & Emotions for Irish poetry, and a lot people saying possible question on the poet.

Getting kinda nervous now. Ironically it's harder to focus these days, getting less done than I thought I would.
    Making lists of stuff I'm unsure of it and getting through them.
    Been working on the maths theorems and constructions today, and some Irish poetry.

Anyone find it hard to study for Business? I study from my book then when I look at my revise wise to re-cap the points are different from what I learned in the Business book. I'm actually going by two books; Global Business & 21st Century Business, and even the two books have different points made. It's really confusing me, don't know whether to add more points on or if they're unnecessary. The course itself isn't hard, it's more answering the questions that confuse me I never what is enough to say. Can anyone give me a structure/tips on this?

Study the last two days has been absolute crap. Stressed, and then the good weather. Easily distracted and annoyed. Fresh start tomorrow. 4 study days left, so I will be doing two subjects a day for three days, then Maths will get a full day.

Tomorrow: English + German

Covered a lot of grammar in German.

In English I covered Hopkins. In total I have three poets done properly.

Tomorrow: Applied Maths & Physics

I'm freaking out today. Possibly a comprehension, but if importance/future of Irish Language came up you could bring The Gathering in there somewhere, think I'd join the two together. I heard Tír na nOg from a friend of a friend as well but it's hard to tell with Irish poetry, could be anything. I'm def concentrating on it tho. A guy on YouTube is fairly good at predicting but no videos have gone up for 2013 predictions yet.. I also heard to concentrate on Themes & Emotions for Irish poetry, and a lot people saying possible question on the poet.

Isn't it a pain that this Jackson dude has left out Irish predictions... it wuda been interesting if he had of said Tir na nOg

Today:

Applied Maths: 2 of every question except for Linear

Physics: 2008 paper

I was banned which is why I didn't update. In case anyone cares.

Anywhooo....

This is it. 1 sleep left. Mad stuff. Not that nervous. At this stage, I've done what I can. No regrets. I might use this thread to log how I got on in each exam. Best of luck to anyone doing them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

I wish I found this thread a lot earlier not the day before English paper 1! :(

English

Paper 1:
    Comprehension - Good
    Question B - Average
    Story: Great

Paper 2:
    Comparative: Great
    Macbeth: Good
    Plath: Good
    Unseen: Good

B1 hopefully.

• Advertisement

Maths

Paper 1: Went very well, reckon I got an A1 on it, I can see two parts of questions I definitely got wrong, but hoping for
    HPC's.
    Paper 2: Good, not as good as paper 1. Didn't like having to do the definitions for probability, and I thought the statistics
    questions was very ambiguous in parts. Then of course there was the Q8 screw up. Forgot to put pi in the area
    tables and the formula. Hopefully won't get penalised too much.

Overall, confident of B1, hoping for A1.

German
    Went well, grammar bit could have been better but otherwise I was more than happy with it.
    B1 or more hopefully.

Physics
    Better than I had expected.

Chemistry
    Thought I'd come out with a solid A1, thought it was a bad paper though. Solid B1, but hoping to scrape the A1.

Applied Maths

Went very well (I hope) B1 or more

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭MRledzepo

so spill the beans did you get the 500 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PelicansX4

MRledzepo wrote: »
    so spill the beans did you get the 500 ?

His account is closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

540 as far as i know!

Advertisement