Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat sneezing non stop

• 20-01-2013 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

Is it normal that a cat would sneeze constantly throughout the day except while she's sleeping
    Only started today was ok yesterday
    When I got her from ISPCA and she was in a kennel with two other cats one which was on a dose of antibiotics but they never said what for now am wondering is she in need of something?

Just wondering if anyone has had this am ringing them when there open but it says there shut monday and tuesday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Has she any other symptoms such as a stuffy nose or runny eyes? It could just be something like her adjusting to being inside rather than in a kennel but it could also be the beginnings of cat flu especially if it was going around the shelter. Keep an eye on her and if she develops anything else as I mentioned above then she should be seen by a vet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

this morning one of her eyes was runny twice but not since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It wouldn't do any harm to get her the once over at the vets or give your own vet a call in the morning. If she's not sneezing when she's asleep then it doesn't sound too serious.

Maybe she's got an allergy to something in the house that she's not familliar with. My 2 sometimes getting bouts of sneezing for no apparent reason. I fret about it all day and then they're fine. Just keep an eye on her.

Yea will defo keep an eye on her and say it to the ISPCA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

If she came from a rescue situation, under stress with other stressed cats it could easily be cat flu. It's quite contagious. It is treated easily enough if caught early.

but it could also be an irritant in the house, do you use air fresher/febreeze/carpet shake in vac? All of these can cause allergies/irritation, especially if she is in the house more than normal due to weather last few days?

• Advertisement

she's in the kitchen and theres tiles there and no air freshener been used since she came and no febreeze. Im hoping its nothing though. Is it any harm for dogs?

Advertisement