Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Helmet City Clearance sale....

• 21-01-2013 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Seen on another forum that HELMETCITY.CO.UK are having a big sale...genuine bargains to be had.

If you looking for a bit of gear or a new lid check it out. Clearance on Shark and Shoei aswell as AGV.

http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/categories/New-Year-Sale/Helmets-Sale/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Selling Shark S900s for €140.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It is cheap, I always buy from fc moto who are great value and they're €45 more expensive for the shoei multitec I checked.
    Pity I don't need a lid at the moment :(

Its not just the helmets on sale there is a set of TCX raceboots GORETEX for €220.

My only problem is that I have to try on before I buy any motorcycle stuff. I seriously think alpinestar just stick random sizes on their stuff. Even 2 pairs of gloves, same model feel different. I take a size 9 shoe, but in alpinestar boot sizes it's probably a 17

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wow, thanks WB that's really good to know. The Shark Vision R is €238 down from €333 - I wonder is it worth the extra money on top of the S900?

• Advertisement

Woah, check out this one:

Schubert C3 costs €559 in the visor shop in newry. €475 on Fc moto.

But €357 here with free delivery! And god knows how much they cost in a shop in dublin, probably close to €650-€700. I know we're told to shop locally, but you'd have to be fairly loaded to throw away money like that, pretty much half price!

Lads no need to thank me....its just the type of guy I am. All for one and one for all.....AND ALL THAT JAZZ!

:D

Zascar wrote: »
    Wow, thanks WB that's really good to know. The Shark Vision R is €238 down from €333 - I wonder is it worth the extra money on top of the S900?

Yeah the Vision R is a better helmet over the S900 in every area...well worth the money, especially at that price.

I might try to sneak one into the house, as the missus will go lada ga ga on me if I get another lid :rolleyes:

I would love a Shark Evoline 2 and they are practically giving it away on there....but all the good sizes are gone in the nice colours. A flip up would be great for my long trips and nice summer days.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lads no need to thank me....its just the type of guy I am. All for one and one for all.....AND ALL THAT JAZZ!

Nicely spotted. I wish I could justify getting a new lid, really wanted that schubert when I got my last one, but couldn't justify the high price.

I think you should link your pay pal page, and we'll give you 10% of every euro we save :D

Cienciano wrote: »
    Nicely spotted. I wish I could justify getting a new lid, really wanted that schubert when I got my last one, but couldn't justify the high price.

I think you should link your pay pal page, and we'll give you 10% of every euro we save :D

10% you hungry FOOOOOOOK. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Some lovely bargains there alright.
    I missed all the fooking winter bargains and im gonna miss this one :mad:

I bet when i finally do have some money to spend on gear there wont be a bargain in sight.

goodlad wrote: »
    Some lovely bargains there alright.
    I missed all the fooking winter bargains and im gonna miss this one :mad:

I bet when i finally do have some money to spend on gear there wont be a bargain in sight.
    Don't worry, there'll be an amazing sale on about 3 days after you buy a load of stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Be careful with Shark lids, probably could say that for all makes, as they aren't the same shape as other helmets.

I had an Arai and never had a problem with it. Bought a Shark and at high speed it put so much pressure on my forehead that I'd get headaches, a friend has a different type and has similar issues. I did some searching it seems to be fairly common.

In the end I had to remove some of the padding on the forehead area, using sandpaper and a tiny bit at a time. Read about someone else you'd used a hammer to compress the padding back!

I learned that you should try a helmet on for about 30min before you buy it to see if there are any pressure points, but who had time for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Seen on another forum that HELMETCITY.CO.UK are having a big sale...genuine bargains to be had.

If you looking for a bit of gear or a new lid check it out. Clearance on Shark and Shoei aswell as AGV.

http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/categories/New-Year-Sale/Helmets-Sale/

....indeed: I have a Schuberth I can't get parts for anymore, and was faced with dumping it. Those lads have Concept on the website for half-a-peanut as it's the old model, but not in my size............. :(

And, if you ring Steve in their Chichester shop on +44 1243 785 424 .......he's from Dublin, so try yer best blarney on him.

If - IF - I was buying another Schuberth, I'd buy one there - huge price difference between here and there.

One big reason is VAT - here there's 23% VAT on helmets, in the UK it's classified as safety equipment, so there's no VAT.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wow, thanks good to know. My current helmet is a Caberg Trip - flip up one, but I need to get a normal one. It's very comfy I've never had any problem with it bar the wind noise being awful. I'm fairly set on the Vision-R though. Is there anywhere in Dublin that stocks it where I can try it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Wow, thanks good to know. My current helmet is a Caberg Trip - flip up one, but I need to get a normal one. It's very comfy I've never had any problem with it bar the wind noise being awful. I'm fairly set on the Vision-R though. Is there anywhere in Dublin that stocks it where I can try it on?

Cotters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I for one will not thank you! As much as I'd love to go mad, my credit card wouldn't! Thanks for pointing out more things I cannot buy :P

Just put them on your "WISH LIST" thats what I do....then when I get a few shillings I go down my list and see whats in range....lol. Funny how the list just gets longer and longer and my funds lower and lower.

I just checked and they do free delivery to Ireland too - sweet! Pretty sure I'm going to get the Vision R - but I want to try on a few this weekend first to see if I'm happy with the fit etc.

I really like this one:

shark-vision-r-fuxy-white-black-silver-16-500x500.jpg

If I don't like it, what are some others that are good in the same price range? The features I want are: Internal Sun Visor, Anti Fog Visor, Anti scratch preferably too, that little switch for raising the visor a few mm to let air in. I don't like some of the locking mechanisms on some helmets but maybe i'll get used to it

Removable liner is handy too.

• Advertisement

I just checked and they do free delivery to Ireland too - sweet! Pretty sure I'm going to get the Vision R - but I want to try on a few this weekend first to see if I'm happy with the fit etc.

I really like this one:

shark-vision-r-fuxy-white-black-silver-16-500x500.jpg

If I don't like it, what are some others that are good in the same price range? The features I want are: Internal Sun Visor, Anti Fog Visor, Anti scratch preferably too, that little switch for raising the visor a few mm to let air in. I don't like some of the locking mechanisms on some helmets but maybe i'll get used to it

Well you will not get many with the same features of the Shark for the sale price. I know RPM in drogheda have a rake of Shark helmets of the shelf, as do CC motorcycles in kells If you like the RPHA 10 Monster helmet you can get it in matt black or shiny black in HG belfast.

http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/products/HJC-RPHA10-Ben-Monster-Helmet.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Anyone out there have any strong thought on Lazer helmets? They're a budget offering for the most part?

Have never heard or seen them Laser helmets mate....I am gonna try and find a Shark Evoline 2 tomorrow in Dublin for fitting and get one off Helmet City in ANY colour for €140 that is a savage price....and while I am not a big fan of Open Face Helmets they are great for long trips when stopping and yapping etc.

Wow, that looks pretty dam nice!! So much nicer than my current flip up.

Almsot tempted to just get this instead of maying way more for the shark.
    Will try them both on hopefully...

For the money its a no brainer...all the kool colours are gone but its still worth the €140 or so....just checked Crossans in Newry and they still looking for £269 sterling for them.

http://www.thevisorshop.com/acatalog/copy_of_Shark2011_EvoLine_Series_2.html

I was in cotters today buying a few bits of gear and i mentioned the helmet city sale to them. They took a look and price matched helmet city as long as the helmet was a last years model which they pretty much all were.

So i picked up a s900. My god its like wearing a cushion! :D

Oh nice one!! Good to know! I might do the same...
    I want to see the difference between the S90 and the Vision R and if I'm prepared to pay the extra

I figured it couldnt do any harm to mention it to them and ask for a price match.
    They didn have many s900 there, i think about 5 maybe.

But yeah, the price match was great!

• Advertisement

Oh nice one!! Good to know! I might do the same...
    I want to see the difference between the S90 and the Vision R and if I'm prepared to pay the extra

Big difference between the S900 and the Vision R....not to mention the colours available.

I would take a Evoline 2 off them if they matched Helmet city too. Will be up on sat and I will call him before hand.

Good to know alright Gary. ;)

Advertisement