Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you open a [Credit Union] account in more than 1 branch?

Options
  • 21-01-2013 12:18am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Can you open an account in more than 1 credit union branch. Lets say I want to save for collage in howth and save for personal finance in baldoyle is this possible ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ive had accounts in 2 separate aib branches before and had no probs. they both showed in the same online banking too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Random wrote: »
    ive had accounts in 2 separate aib branches before and had no probs. they both showed in the same online banking too.

Sorry I mean credit union

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

With Credit Union's, you're generally constrained by the "common bond" issue: i.e. You should be living in Howth to avail of the Howth CU's services. So by geography, you would be in the catchment area of one or the other, so both may not let you have an account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

BuffyBot wrote: »
    With Credit Union's, you're generally constrained by the "common bond" issue: i.e. You should be living in Howth to avail of the Howth CU's services. So by geography, you would be in the catchment area of one or the other, so both may not let you have an account.

My granny opened an account for me in howth and died when there was €20 left in it. I still have the credit union book

But I have been living in baldoyle for 15 years and want to open o e here to save for collage and also save in my howth one for personal expenses. Is this possible ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Possibly. Your best bet is to ask them. They'll probably have a more accurate answer than random internet folks :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement