Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 1 Results

Options
  • 21-01-2013 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Well Falcons beat the Bucs 41-14 in the first game of the season. Scoring was opened by Julio with a strange TD. Broke about 6 tackles with players falling all over each other. 6INTs by the Bucs certainly didn't help their cause. Matt Ryan played well although Tony G was missed dearly.

Good game, look forward to seeing you in the Georgia Dome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

yip ints were shocking. also need to stop changing user controlled d players mid play as it never changes to player i'm expecting it to. cost me 3 td's for def maybe a fourth.

and two sack fumbles by maty ice both recovered by falcons after what felt like an hour of just standing around. second in particular with a clear 2 seconds before anyone attempted to get the ball with claybourn just feeling the qb up a yard away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

It's actually week one....Ravens 34- 49ers 31. Started off well with the Ravens scoring on the first play with a breakout run from Rice.
    49ers drove up the field, another third down drop from Crabtree(serious habit this guy has on 3rd down) and the niners miss a FG due to the wind blowing the opposite way to the flags are blowing, must be something to do with the shape of the stadium or something!
    Ravens get a field goal. 10-0, Jenkins gets past his cover 10-7. Niners make a stand in the end zone after a third down penalty for hitting the passer on the 15. They pick it off on the next third down and work their way up to lead at halftime 14-10.

I can't remember the exact sequence of events because the second half was a blur with San Fran making all the attacking yards and the ravens running back kickoffs....that's right two kickoff returns cost me this one. Anyway at the end it was all tied at 31 each just over a minute to go, ravens are fourth and one on the halfway, they punt and on the first play I revert to form and keep my eye on one player, throw to him and its picked on the forty, Ravens run it up(what I shoulda done flips sakes) and kick the winning three points.

Very even and hard fought games, lost due to that early missed FG and also figuring out too late that my punter was kicking my kickoffs, he has more kick power than Ackers but kicks it less far. The second return was full power but landed about the one yard. Anyway that's my own fault and as coach I have to take responsibility for it...Ackers is kicking Lees punts next week to make up for it.:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Detroit edge the Vikings 31-28 to take the opening game of the season.

I managed to have something of a running game mixing in Best and Green-Ellis, as well as a big day from Megatron. For the Vikings Peterson had 102 yards on just 9 carries including a 67 yard TD run. Kurt warner had a nightmare return with 4 INT's

The vikings also returned a kickoff for a TD and managed to come back from 17 points down, recovering an onside kick and scoring a TD to pull within 3, they then kicked it deep, but the Lions were able to convert a 3rd and 3 with Green-Ellis.

Stafford 12/15 239 yards 1 TD 1 INT
    Warner 10/18 126 yards 2 TD 4 INT

Peterson 9 carries, 102 yards 1 TD

Best 16 carries 93 yards 2 TDs
    Green-Ellis 9 carries 11 yards 1 TD

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Kurt Warner had the flu :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

When myself and Neko Chan play, crazy **** happens.

The Jags travel to Cincinatti, knowing that last season (other than the the 2 reg season losses I had) this was the toughest test.

The first quarter is scoreless. Neko is nullifying my run game, and Tebow is still on vacation.

The 2nd quarter started with a Jags drive, but Tebow is picked off leaving the Bengals in excellent field position. They run it in for the TD to take a 7-0 lead. I think INT's were exchanged here, but the Jags ditched the run game and passed their way down the field to tie it up right before half time. There is still enough time to force the Bengals to punt, and Josh Cribbs makes a great return to bring the Jags in field goal range with 5 seconds left, 10-7 Jags at half.

Here is where it gets crazy.

The Bengals re-take the lead with a rushing TD after that man Gresham made some great catches on the drive, with the score at 14-10, the Jags are forced to punt at midfield, so they do... It's a huge punt, landing inside the 10, but the ball bounces backward? Or up? Or it hit the Bengals return man? I don't know what the hell happened, but my man jumped on it and I had the ball in the red zone. To add insult to injury, Tebow threw a poor pass that hit off a Bengals player and bounced up for Marcedes Lewis to grab for the TD. Honestly I felt horrible, thats how lucky it was.

To Neko Chan's credit, the Bengals never gave in. They marced right back down the field into the 4th Q and hit a really nice slant accross the middle to leave me with about 3 mins to score. It's Tebow time. Another flukey TD as Tebow avoids the sack to find Ronnie Brown in the endzone, the Jags lead with 2 on the clock. 24-21

Dalton needs to move it and fast... PICKED OFF! A great grab by Aaron Ross and the Jags just need to kill clock... First run, MJD FUMBLES! Recovered by Bengals. At this point, having been frustrated by my play all game, I thought Madden was laughing at me. The Bengals put together a nice drive and take the lead 28-24 with 1 min left.

Tim Tebow is now throwing lazers and finds MJD over the middle, an awesome block by Blackmon and the Jags lead AGAIN, 31-28 with 50 odd seconds left.

The Jags manage to see it out, force a turnover on downs, and manage to get a 1st down without fumbling to run the clock and SCRAPE their first win of the season.

A little stat popped up at the end saying Tim Tebow completed his last 7 passes in a row. It's annoying how good he is in the 4th Q compared to the other 3.

Good game Neko, and again, hard luck. I can't play well against you it seems and I have absolutely stolen my 2 wins against you. Good luck with the season, I think we play again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Here is where it gets crazy.

The Bengals re-take the lead with a rushing TD after that man Gresham made some great catches on the drive, with the score at 14-10, the Jags are forced to punt at midfield, so they do... It's a huge punt, landing inside the 10, but the ball bounces backward? Or up? Or it hit the Bengals return man? I don't know what the hell happened, but my man jumped on it and I had the ball in the red zone. To add insult to injury, Tebow threw a poor pass that hit off a Bengals player and bounced up for Marcedes Lewis to grab for the TD. Honestly I felt horrible, thats how lucky it was.

Maddens magic punt return shenanigans!

Those were two horrible plays that were just so frustrating. The TD just added insult to some serious injury!

It was truely a great game though (apart form that!) and I enjoyed being able to shut down MJD for almost 3 quarters.. pity about last one!

Last series were I went 4 and Out I was just so frustrated several bad decisions were made...(4 to be exact!)
    You did a good job shutting Gresham down after his initial surge...
    My rookie WR killed me with about 6 dropped passes... he is losing his starting privileges nxt week for sure

Seriously looking forward to a rematch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Madden magic? Have you seen your QB trip over one of his own linemen whilst dropping back from the snap? WELL I HAVE!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Can't believe Matthew hasn't posted up about our game yet.

Cut to the 4th quarter. I am down by 7 (21-14 to Matthew) with 5 minutes left. I am in Matthews half, my first pass to my new player Mike Williams, wide open, easy catch drops it for no apparent reason and didn't get a pass for the rest of the match. I go for it on 4th down and get stopped. Disaster!

In the redzone this time, going for it again on 4th down with about 3 minutes something left. Pass to Jimmy Graham who was on a curl route, catches it but then a tackle comes in and knocks it out of his hands. Game over or so I thought.

Instead of running it and wasting time, Matthew runs it once, Saints TO, trys to pass it, pass dropped, next play he fumbles it and its 4th and 19, I call another TO. He punts. I score a TD. Game on!!!

I am actually not sure what order events happened here, hopefully Matthew can correct me. But somehow I got the ball back or maybe I had scored the TD before Matthew was timewasting and fumbled.

Anyway, after a punt from Matthew I get into field goal range, Matthew calls timeouts and I kick the field goal. Delighted, up by 3 points now and 13 seconds left on the clock.

I didn't squib it as I didn't want him to get into field goal range to draw level even though he had no TOs left I wanted to make sure he didn't have enough time and was close enough to field goal range for a pass and a kick. Anyway I punt it up the middle, Matthew makes a decent return in 4 seconds. I actually think he has time to pass and get into field goal range, I decide to go cover 3 so that doesn't happen.

So....I am delighted here with how the play is going everyone is covered so Matthew just launches it long to Steve Smith who is on about the 5 yard line. Not that worried my guy is tight on him waiting for the ball to come out of the air. But wait, he suddenly runs 4 meters to the left and allows Smith time to catch it on his own, turn and get the TD to win the game for Matthew.

:( I was not happy. Still not happy actually. Stupid Madden!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Surprised I hadn't made time for a write-up either. Anyway, what actually happened after the Saints tied it at 21:
    With 33 seconds left and 3 timeouts and John Fox long since chased out of Carolina, Newton started at the 20 and threw an INT straight away into a huge defensive crowd. The Saints ran up the middle 3 times to my 23 and faced 4th and 1 and kicked a FG to leave 13 seconds on the clock. I was surprised to see Joe Adams fielding the kick as that I felt was a better hope than a FG/TD. Anyway he got it to my 32 with 9 seconds left and I felt I had no hope. I had Rashon Williams and Steve Smith both going over the middle for whatever reason, only Devery Henderson (who the Saints neglected to re-sign) on a streak. Newton, for once, stayed in the pocket (he had 6 runs for 83 yards and a TD and was sacked 7 times on 32 dropbacks) and heaved it downfield for Henderson. Both he and the safety jumped to get it. Henderson caught it and landed first and jogged 8 more yards for the TD on the last play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Sorry about my mixed up write up. Got the most important part anyway...I was robbed :D.

Anyway, I am looking forward to playing with my offense, looked better than last year. I added in some new plays which were probably the ones that didn't come off ha.

Enjoyable game, I think in the 2nd half I was troubling your offense a lot more. I really should have scored more though on my own offense. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Team|1Q| 2Q| 3Q| 4Q| FINAL
    Chargers|0|0|14|0|14
    Patriots| 0|21|0|17|38

New England get things off to a great start beating San Diego(CPU)

Chargers had 8 yards of offence in the 1st half, and I was wondering what to do, whieter to just punt the ball away or what, when suddenly they should up after half time and made a game of it.
    Slater(2), Hernandez, Gronk and Welker got TD's.
    Brady threw four picks( one for a TD) and got sacked four times. Spikes forced two fumbles and recovered one of them, Chung recovered the other. Trufant picked off Rivers in the endzone.

Return man I picked up in free agency, Elijah Mitchell, he's a 61 rated running back, with a 99 kick return rating is doing the business.

Start as you mean to go on. Pats are heading to the Superbowl! You heard it hear first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Broncos vs Raiders
    1 quarter and a bit gone,raiders lead 9-7 and currently have the ball.
    Play will resume at half 11 due to disconnection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Chiefs overcame the challenge of the Steelers 31-21. Close game turned on a pick 6 early in Q3 giving them an advantage they held until the end.

Great chatting, Steelers will be a contender again this season, especially with what appeared to be a much improved defensive strategy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Raiders come away with a 3 point victory over the Broncos.
    Bit tired to do write up but the game was a bit mad,full of picks.
    Fair play giffney best of luck with the rest of the games
    Connections problems also which I think were my side.
    If the same problems happen in my next game(vs Berty I think),I think I'll leave the league for a bit till there sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Raiders come away with a 3 point victory over the Broncos.
    Bit tired to do write up but the game was a bit mad,full of picks.
    Fair play giffney best of luck with the rest of the games
    Connections problems also which I think were my side.
    If the same problems happen in my next game(vs Berty I think),I think I'll leave the league for a bit till there sorted.

After the connection problem continued , we replayed only to the end of 2nd quarter (to represent the original 4th Q) and then QB kneeled it out. The game disconnected with 40seconds left....worst thing ever!

PerrinV2 put himself on autopilot and I played CPU and confirmed the win.

Great game when madden let us play! And I don't think it's your connection, I'm the one who kept getting kicked!

Looking forward to the rematch!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

New look Rams too much for Giants

Sporting a number of free agent pick ups as well as 2 players acquired in blockbuster trades, the Rams get the better of the Giants.

The 1st quarter was a scrappy affairs as both teams looked rusty and turned the ball over way too much. The run game for both teams was non-existent and that trend continued for the rest of the game, as the Rams rushed for 55 yds total and the Giants for only 29.

The 2nd quarter exploded though as first after some nice plays Manning finds Cruz for a 49yd TD. A few minutes later and its all square as Amendola scampers free for a 23yd TD.
    Big name recruit A.J. Green, quiet until now, gathers a 3yd TD in the red-zone to make it 14-7 to St. Louis. They just needed to get to halftime with the lead as they would receive first in the 2nd half.
    Then some good plays by NY as well as good clock management leads to a Beckum 20yd TD.

Level again going into the half.

The 3rd quarter goes the same as the 1st with neither team able to do anything. After his 3rd pick of the game, Bradford is hauled off to be replaced by Campbell.
    The 4th quarter and with Campbell steadying the ship (he goes 8 of 9 pass for 84yds) Greg The Leg boots over 3 FGs and the Rams defense steps up to shut out the game.

Rams 23 Giants 14

Some stats
    OffenseManning 12 of 23 for 223yds, 2TDs 5INTs
    Bradford 8 of 15 for 113yds, 2TDs 3INTs

Cruz 7 for 145yd and a score.
    Jones and Dresseen with 50+ yds each.

Defence
    Pierre-Paul with 2 sacks and 6 tackles.
    Long and Tuck with one sack apiece.
    Orakpo with 6 tackles and an INT (it was a thing of beauty, seeing a man that big leap in the air and pluck the ball out)

Player of the game:

Off season acquisition J. Powers (CB) stole the show with a sack, 3 tackles and 2 INTs at critical times.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

Eagles 24- Seahawks 38

Seawhawks get off to a flier with an inspired defensive performance.

Funny game. Seahawks new-guy Big Joe Flacco threw two interceptions on our first two possessions, gifting the Eagles an early 10point lead after only a few minutes.

I'm new to online play. I had a sinking feeling this wasn't going to go very well for my 'hawks. The throws were awful, but I do think I found it tough to adjust to the lag.

Some clever defensive audibles from notya were making life tough for me too. Couldn't throw, couldn't run. And then...

Johnny Abreu happened! Who is he? A young nickel-package DB I took a punt on in the offseason. Terrific in man coverage and gifted with a better pair of hands than most of my receiving core, he ended up with 5 picks on the day!!

2nd quarter went much better for the 'hawks. The turnovers gave me better position and gradually the offense got moving, thought not as much as I'd like. One particular curl route turned into a long gain for Sidney rice, who finished with 118 yards and a TD on just 3 catches. That and a deep ball later where my only offensive highlights.

Rice caught 3 of the 6 Joe completed, from 12 attempts...I brought him in to give me a chance at winning games, not to lead the league in stats. Ok so far.

Must admit though, I was playing it very safe! The early turnovers worried me and Marshawn had to stuff it up the sweater. Myself and Notya traded leads throughout the first half. It really was very tight.

The second half didn't go well for the eagles. They ended with 10 turnovers on the day, Vick throwing 9 interceptions. Sherman also had a big day on defense for me too with 3 picks. Desean Jackson had me worried all the time though, constantly fretting about the big play, which somehow just never quite happened regularly enough for the Eagles. I think Notya was possibly forcing the ball too much, too early and the user picks kept coming. Though obviously at the end he was just airin' it out to get back into the game. Understandable. Frustrating too I imagine. We've all been there.

The only difference in the end I think was that I snuck a little lead and then just relied on my defense to get me over the line. Notya's a good player and I wish him well for the rest of the season. The game was played in good spirit and without either of us resorting to glitches. No overuse of the TE exploit etc, which I really appreciate and respect in his game.

On now to the Steelers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Colts 13 Texans 3

Luck 17/28 291 yards 1TD 2 INT
    Forsett 12 rushing attempts 35 yards
    Fleener 7 catches 94 yards
    Edelman 3 catches 134 yards 1TD

Schaub 7/11 77 yards
    Foster 18 rushing attempts 97 yards
    Johnson 4 catches 50 yards.

Not much to say about this game except i hate playing CPU and just delighted its over.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Browns

Browns receive first, on the first series one of the browns gets wide open it must be a TD.. but a diving catch in the redzone... he drops it! browns punt.
    then.. C2J accepts the first block from Leach... breaks a tackle... and sprints 80 yards into the endzone

Browns send a deep pass and are lucky for it not to be picked off, Browns then punt. Titans cant do anything and punt, Browns punt.. out at the 5
    Titans manage to get outside the redzone, C2J breaks off another long TD run.

Browns punt, Titans miss a FG, couple of good Brown plays and its a TD

C2J.. wide open will be a TD.. he drops it, its a muff punt..Titans down it at the 6

HT and its 14-7 Titans, Titans receive

Titans hit Britt.. he catches he fumbles.. Browns recover but Titans stop them, browns go for it on 4th and make it but Colin McCarthy picks off a pass

Johnson fumbles.. Browns recover! but then.. Titans pick it off on a deep pass on the 1 yard line but Titans throw the ball straight to the MLB on the 9 yard line, After some good defending the Titans D goes missing and it's 14-14..
    after a massive sack and TFL C2J takes a pass and gets the Titans out of a big hole but they end up punting

Browns then go on a time consuming drive and are inside the redzone at the 2 min warning, Browns kick a FG with 1:15 left

14-17
    Johnson goes on the ground.. then takes a pass into the end zone.
    Titans up by 4 with 12 seconds left Browns dont complete the couple of passes and Titans get the W

Some Stats:

Titans with 419 yards of offense, 231 rushing
    Browns with 211 yards of offense, 77 rushing

Locker QB rating is 87, 11 from 20, 208 yards, 1 TD and 1 Int
    Weeden 51, 9 from 23, 134 yards, 2 TDs and 2 Ints

C2J gets 231 yards from 21 carries and 2 TDs
    Richardson gets 23 carries and 69 yards

Johnson also gets 125 yards in the air with a TD from 5 catches, Cook JR gets 50 yards. Greg little gets a TD for the Browns along with Lee Evans

Browns register... 3 sacks, 1 int , 2 FF and 2 FRs.

Unlucky mike, when you went ahead with the FG i didnt think i'd drag it back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Did I mention how much I love RGIII? :) will write up a report later but it was a good game with the Cards! THanks for the game Padraic!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

First quarter went well, other 3 not so well.. Thanks for the game Santry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Washington Redskins 41-14 Arizona Cardinals

This was a game that started out with insane offense on both sides as neither could get a stop! The Redskins made it 14-14 with 2 minutes remaining in the first half and the momentum swung, as two picks thrown by Josh Freeman lead to 10 points for the Redskins to make it 24-14. After that, the Cardinals offense seemed to lose a bit of form and unfortunately didn't help out Padraic at all!!

Thanks for the game and the chat Padraic!

Stats:

RGIII: 21/26 for 311 yards 5 TDs 0 INTs
    Freeman: 10/20 for 193 yards 1 TD 4 INT

Roy Helu Jr: 9 attempts for 36 yards
    Beanie Wells: 7 attempts for 24 yards and 1 TD

Advertisement