Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless man on Oliver Bond Street

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shelsers75

I'm so sad, drove by this morning as I do most mornings and saw all the flowers.

I regret the many times as I saw him and thought, god, must stop and get a tea sometime for that man...and never did.

So glad to know his name, thankyou.

R.I.P John x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maryxxxx

Yes I know who you are talking about. The first time I saw him which was about two months ago or so, I got a fright because I wasn't used to that area. :eek: I was applying for a course and I didn't expect to see someone in the doorway as I walked past and my heart just went out to him so the next time I was there, I left him some sandwiches and a blanket. I hadn't been on that street for awhile afterwards until two days ago. I was expecting to see him there as usual but as I got close to the doorway, I realized he wasn't there. :confused: All I saw was wreathes and a card. I paused for a moment and felt so sad. :( Hopefully he is in a better place now though and something this has taught me is to be grateful for what I have and not take it for granted. R.I.P John (If that was his name).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

They were talking about him on Tom Dunne this morning. Apparently he was only buried yesterday though he died in January, over 150 people attended the funeral.

He had had cancer for a long time and that is what took him in the end.

When he was taken in to hospital he gave some info to a nun who used to help him out on the street. His name was Ned Delahunty and he was 83 when he passed away. Little else known. May he sleep easy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

His name was Ned Delahunty.

Story in the Irish Times - http://bit.ly/Z1rgdh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I helped him out when I did some soup runs with the YMCA, sad to hear about his passing. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Unshelved wrote: »
    His name was Ned Delahunty.

Story in the Irish Times - http://bit.ly/Z1rgdh

Touching story.

Advertisement