Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crates or boxes for vinyl records in Carlow?

Options
  • 21-01-2013 6:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I've got a reasonably modest record collection and they're currently stored in fold up crates I purchased from Tesco. These crates are useless as anytime I pick them up the sides collapse.

Does anyone know somewhere in Carlow I could purchase boxes or crates suitable for storing records? They don't have to be specifically marketed as record boxes but they would have to be slightly wider than 12 inches (preferably a similar length and possibly a slightly smaller height) and fairly sturdy. I'm looking for something along the lines of the one in this picture, although handles aren't vital.

19%20litre%20XL%20Really%20Useful%20Box.jpg

I can't see anything suitable in either Heatons or Tesco, they're all far too big.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Have a look in homestore and more as they have a large selection of plastic boxes almost exactly like the one in the picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Homestore or else aldi had some very similar in stock yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Deals had one like this for a few euro i hot them for the xmas stuff going in the atic

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Did you try Woodies?Doyles of the Shamrock -now in Graigue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Did you try Woodies?Doyles of the Shamrock -now in Graigue?
    I had a look in Woodies and saw something that might be suitable, but it seemed a bit expensive for a plastic box. I haven't tried Doyles yet but will next time I'm in town. Thanks for the suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

You should visit Soul trader on Dublin St and ask them if they can hook you up with someone who sells boxes fitted for vinyl :)

Thwip! wrote: »
    You should visit Soul trader on Dublin St and ask them if they can hook you up with someone who sells boxes fitted for vinyl :)
    Good idea. Thanks. :)

Thwip! wrote: »
    I asked in Soultrader and he said he'll get some for me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I asked in Soultrader and he said he'll get some for me. :)

That's good news, they're a great bunch in there. Was great to see them opening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 keithshirley

The picture you used is the brand "Really useful box". I got larger ones from Argos and Viking-Direct online and they are brilliant. One word of warning - while they are strong - they can be brittle. They will take a lot of weight but if you drop them then they can break.

I've seen a lot of different size ones in Jones Business Systems - I imagine they can order that size if needed. You can order directly online from the manufacturer:
    http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/rub/b19_0litreXL.php

• Advertisement
Advertisement