Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby group City Centre

Options
  • 21-01-2013 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hello all!
    I'd like to set up a parent and baby group in Dublin city centre. I've been finding all the available ones too far to be worth it as I live bang in the centre. I found it impossible to work around her nap-times and travelling to those places.
    I'm sure there are other parents in my situation and if you think it's a good idea please let me know! If anyone has an idea of where these meet-up could take place, please don't hesitate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

I think this is a great plan. Imma would be a good spot. Good coffee and a play area for the kids. I know it's not in the centre of town though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

The place would have to be in the city centre I think, otherwise it defies the purpose! There's that place in the green shopping centre, quite a lot of space and baby chairs, there are a couple of very large Starbucks on westmorland st (but it's starbucks!), the Paris Bakery on Moore St has quite a large back room and high chairs. I'd discussed about a group with a friend of mine who suggested Accents café off George St, it's a really lovely place and they have room downstairs...
    By the way, there already is a group that goes to the IMMA café!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Not exactly glamourous but whenever I'm in town I go into the cafe in Dunnes in Stephens Green. There's lots of space and loads of high chairs and its not usually too busy so a buggy parked by the table isnt an issue.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Not exactly glamourous but whenever I'm in town I go into the cafe in Dunnes in Stephens Green. There's lots of space and loads of high chairs and its not usually too busy so a buggy parked by the table isnt an issue.
    Last time I was there I wasn't even pregnant... that seems like years ago! Anyway, I noticed there were a lot of mothers and buggies and there was quite a bit of room. I remember this woman walked in with 2 young children and a double buggy with twins... I can't imagine the amount of work that must be! So Dunnes is another possibility!

Is anyone here interested in meeting up in the city centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mary1978

i might be interested depending on location. where are you living lounakin?
    i am living near mountjoy square so if there was somewhere closeby to this that would be great. my baby is almost 7 months old...

I'm in Temple Bar. How about Dunnes on Henry St? That's right in the middle of the city centre...I'm open to suggestions though

Advertisement