Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*******Bargin Alerts - Portlaoise******

Options
  • 21-01-2013 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mamakitten

Hooda shop in Esker Hills had some good bargains yesterday.
    2lt bottle Diet Coke only €1,
    750ml Comfort €1,
    Jar of coffee (cant rem brand but either Maxwell House or nescafe) only €2
    Toy Story kitchen Roll €1
    24 pk cans of Diet Coke €9.99
    6pk cans Diet Coke €2.50

they had loads of others too, I just cant remember :D

Tesco were selling Goodfellas pizzas yesterday also for €2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Tesco seem to have regular offers on bread, especially Hovis and Brennans, usually 2 for €3. "Burgen" soya and linseed is only €1.50 a loaf at the moment and it's a really nice bread. Butchers Block (also in shopping centre) has good meat offers- I picked up a stuffed pork steak for €5 today, makes a good, inexpensive family dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Egans off licence were selling four packs of Blue Moon for €8 when I was in there during the week, lovely beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Beckala

'Dealz' in Laois Shopping Centre is pretty good. Bar a few select items which go up to €2.50, everything is €1.50. They sell;

Tolietries (deodrants, hair colour, blades)
    Baby stuff, few baby clothes (socks, bibs)
    Kitchen (sieves, piping bags, utensils)
    Books, dvds, CD's (none of which are new releases!)
    Electronics (cable connections, ear phones, phone covers)
    Stationary (notebooks, pens, folders)
    Garden (seeds, tools, general garden stuff)
    Pet (food, toys, leads, poop bags)
    Cleaning (sprays, cloths, wipes)
    Food (cakes, biscuits, Brennan's bread,brand name stuff)
    Fridge (milk, butter, garlic bread, cheese)
    Weightwatchers (select items in specific aisle)
    Sweets, crisps, drinks

ALL ABOVE FOR €1.50 EACH!

They sell above and more, I haven't specified everything. I'm still suprised at the things I come across for €1.50

I always go there before I do my weekly shop to cross a few off the list....or if I'm stoney broke the day before pay day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Just got extremely good value (and service) from Byrnes Tyres in Mountmellick. 05786 44144.

Got Dunlop SP Sport 01 in 205 60R/15 at 85 each fitted and balanced. That is OUTSTANDING value. Nice lads to deal with. I got a flyer in the door last week and I said it couldn't hurt to try local. I buy most things now online but was fierce surprised to see that they were equal to and more competitive than the online big boys like http://www.eiretyres.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&typ=509777&cart_id=25579209.124.8597&Cookie=&ranzahl=4&Breite=205&Herst=Dunlop&Quer=60&Felge=15&Load=&S_Z=&Speed=H&weiter=0&last_sort=&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=20&sort_by=&gesanzeige=&rf=&Transport=P&tyre_for=&F_F=&dsco=124&sowigan=So&RunFlat=&m_s=&profil=&Achse=&LoadRange=&s_p=&x_tyre_for=&rsmFahrzeugart=PKW

I like to give a company a mention when they have been pleasant, communicated in a way that suited me (by text) and were on the ball when I needed them. GIve them a go if you are in north Laois or south Offaly.

Advertisement