Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weekend away with 3.5 y.o.

Options
  • 21-01-2013 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I tried this in travel and havn't got a response yet - the folks here may have some good ideas too.

anyone know a hotel or something we could go to with our 3.5 y.o. that has some entertainment for him and stuff to do. We also have a 2 month old but as long as they are accommodating on that front we should be fine.

Preferably - 2hrs ish from Dublin if possible.

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Perhaps the Hodson Bay Hotel in Athlone, I haven't been there myself, but I'm told it's very family friendly.

We've gone on a few weekend breaks along the west coast with our kids and at that age the only things they cared about were swimming pools and playgrounds. Once you have that, you're sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

The Amber Springs in Gorey is very family friendly. They have a little farm, an indoor adventre play area, an outdoor play area, go carts and mini golf.

There is also a fair bit to do around that area - Courtown, KiaOra Farm, Folk Park place in Wexford.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

Prior to the flag trouble I'd have suggested the Holiday Inn in Belfast, not that it had a lot to do within the hotel but plenty for kids in Belfast.

Not stayed in it but had dinner in the Talbot in Wexford, very good kids menu and had plenty of drawing stuff available. Any hotels that have kids clubs usually only run them over the summer break. My first thought when looking for something is to see if they have a kids menu that is not the usual deep fried crap and that tells a lot about their attitiude to kids.

Can't think of the name of it but there's a hotel in Rosslare with a good reputation for kids as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Depends on when you are going OP. Kids clubs etc are usually over Easter and Summer. Riverside Park in Enniscorthy have a lovely pool and playground as does the Whitford House in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

thanks all - is there anything like Trabolgan anywhere close to Dublin ?
    Or is that even worth considering ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭allprops

We stayed in the Lyrath in Kilkenny last summer and they had a whole load of activities on for kids. They were really well looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

A hotel in Fota might be an idea, you'd go down these days in 3 hrs from Newlands cross. Think there is a Sheraton there. Recommend the Horse and Jockey for a break on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DG Leixlip

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Hi all,

I tried this in travel and havn't got a response yet - the folks here may have some good ideas too.

anyone know a hotel or something we could go to with our 3.5 y.o. that has some entertainment for him and stuff to do. We also have a 2 month old but as long as they are accommodating on that front we should be fine.

Preferably - 2hrs ish from Dublin if possible.

Thanks
    Rob

How about Kelly's in Rosslare? It's expensive, but very relaxing, lovely pool, food etc..

Worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shankly88

i was also going to say kelly's beautiful hotel, friendly staff and great facilities/child minding service with a playground and playroom.its right beside the beach if your planning to go around april/may or summer months.

Advertisement