Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moved to sky bb from eircom. big eircom bill

Options
  • 21-01-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

hi, i moved to sky broadband from eircom in the last cple weeks, today i recieved a bill from eircom for over 500 euro, apparently when i was away in the uk in late sept they(eircom) phoned the house, the wife took the call and was talked into changing the tarriff , there fore entering into a new contract,my question is, as its only my name on the bill, is it not only me that can agree to the changes, i can prove i was out of the country at the time, or am i just clutching at straws here and will have to cough up what i havnt got, i didnt contact eircom about the change over as , as far as i knew i was out of contract, and sky did all the work any replies appreciated
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Ask them (eircom) for a recording/transcript of the sale / discussion. They can't hold you to it, afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

smodgley wrote: »
    hi, i moved to sky broadband from eircom in the last cple weeks, today i recieved a bill from eircom for over 500 euro, apparently when i was away in the uk in late sept they(eircom) phoned the house, the wife took the call and was talked into changing the tarriff , there fore entering into a new contract,my question is, as its only my name on the bill, is it not only me that can agree to the changes, i can prove i was out of the country at the time, or am i just clutching at straws here and will have to cough up what i havnt got, i didnt contact eircom about the change over as , as far as i knew i was out of contract, and sky did all the work any replies appreciated
    thanks
    As the bill is in your name they should not have spoken to your wife or anyone else about it, they can't hold you to a contract you were not aware of and did not agree to.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Solair wrote: »
    There are live reps on the eircom forum in the Biz > Talk to section of boards.ie

Might be worth posting there.

Please don't tell a poster to go post in another forum - this can lead to duplicate threads. Instead, please use the Report Post functionality to alert a moderator that a thread requires moving. Alternatively, get the OP to ask a moderator for a thread move.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

Strikes me to be a breach of the Data Protection Act as only the named individual proved by a series of questions can deal with the issue/contract changes. And there should be a clear indicator of different sex when there is a different sex answering. As for proving you were out of the country and all that call forwarding and mobile communications removes the tying to the kitchen sink era. But tell them you agreed to nothing and should they pursue look for proof. The onus is on them to prove their case.

Advertisement