Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I blew my DCG Project, what are my options now?

Options
  • 21-01-2013 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello, so... I have this problem, I was out of Ireland for one and a half month and I returned on 17th January, then I realized I had to hand over my DCG project on the 18th, I did as much as I could but the mark is definitely not going to be an A.

I'm pretty good in theory and I could write the written test pretty well, but the project is 40% of the marks. So, I wanted to ask, what are my options now? Can I redo the project (Is there a way to get a different deadline and/or a completely different project to do)? Or maybe do you think I could completely change the subject? (I'm doing 7 subjects for my LC, can I completely leave out DCG?)

How can I save my Leaving Cert?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Right what's done is done ( or not in this case ) but genuinely interested how did you not know the date? Or was the absence unexpected e.g. A bereavement? If its the latter, have you raised this the school? I don't know anything about dcg so can't advise if anything has been done. But I'd imagine not, ESP if you've already submitted it now.

Points wise you would only be counting your best 6 subjects anyway so dcg may or may not impact on that.

Salvage what you can from the remaining 60% - it's too many marks to just write off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

If you feel confident of getting more than c's in all your other subjects, I'd abandon DCG

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DonallFitz

If your other 6 subjects are honour subjects i'd drop DCG and focus on your other subjects, but if not, then best stick to the DCG. To maintain having 6 honour subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Plectro

I am doing 4 honours and pass DCG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Plectro wrote: »
    I am doing 4 honours and pass DCG

do app maths, pass if you like, guaranteed A coz youll have a full day or two before the test of full study

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

do app maths, pass if you like, guaranteed A coz youll have a full day or two before the test of full study

Are you for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DonallFitz

Methememb wrote: »
    Are you for real?

I think he's trolling :p
    I'd stick with the DCG, you did the project and will get the points from it, its easier to get points in DCG then in pass maths and irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Plectro

I'm doing higher level maths and I'm just fine at it... and, I'm a foreigner so I'm not doing Irish (I'm doing my native language instead)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Methememb wrote: »
    Are you for real?

Yes I am for real. Ok its not a guarantee by any means but what I am saying is its not a big workload, definitely doable, and if you do it at pass level, 30% of the students get an A so a little bit of work I would say you are approaching the asymptote that is 100%... I aint no troll :)

Advertisement