Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revised Kilkenny/Dublin Rail Timetable

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

It's fast and can be compared to a car, it's just a shame it's so expensive :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Cabaal wrote: »

It's competitive with the M9 now really, especially at peak times. It's not too bad if booked online vs cost of fuel/parking in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Don't think 9.99 is expensive once booked 3 days or longer before travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Don't think 9.99 is expensive once booked 3 days or longer before travel.

9.99 each way plus €3 handling fee. So basically €23. And you have to get to and from the Kilkenny train station, and go at their allocated times.

€23 is not bad but still nowhere near enough of an incentive to make me leave my car at home. i reckon a return trip in a car is about €30 in petrol.

It's really not bad. You would be really pushing it to do Kilkenny rail station to Heuston station in a car in an hour and half, despite the fexibility of the car etc. Think I paid €27.50 return online before christmas. Plus you can work on the train. I definitely think it's competitve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I think i'll be sticking to driving to Dublin myself. Don't like being restricted by timetables and more importantly where would I put my shopping :D

Autosport wrote: »
    I think i'll be sticking to driving to Dublin myself. Don't like being restricted by timetables and more importantly where would I put my shopping :D

Yea and the €5 parking in Arnotts is a god send :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

mfitzy wrote: »
    It's really not bad. You would be really pushing it to do Kilkenny rail station to Heuston station in a car in an hour and half, despite the fexibility of the car etc. Think I paid €27.50 return online before christmas. Plus you can work drink on the train. I definitely think it's competitve.

FYP!

Plus you can work drink on the train. I definitely think it's competitve.

Not on Sundays!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Not on Sundays!

but you can on good Friday.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

but you can on good Friday.

Well I would watch the space on that one...

It must kill people who can't finish there weekend drunk before they go back to Dublin.

Advertisement