Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help required-can't get Internet to work on laptop

Options
  • 21-01-2013 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

I use an O2 dongle with my laptop, never had any issues but today it won't work.
    O2 pop up appears as usual and I connect.

I then click on Internet explorer and it begins to load page and then continues to do so but eventually it just shows message that cannot open page.

Any ideas what to do?

I've tried the dongle on another laptop and it works fine so issue is with laptop I presume

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

Personally I would just download Firefox and never use Internet Explorer again.

Other then that.. what version of IE are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

Firefox doesn't work either.

How can I tell what version of IE it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I had that problem and it was due to an update on my virus protection. The update blocked the internet.

Otherwise have you got credit on the dongle or have you reached your data limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

i googled it there and followed these instructions and it worked

tools-internet options-connections-lan settings. then unchecked all boxes and it seems to have worked

Advertisement