Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Live

Options
  • 21-01-2013 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All,

We are a family of 3 relocating to somewhere in Kildare - just wondering if any one has any suggestions on where to go - thinking about Naas, Newbridge, Kilcullen, Clane region???

Any information on towns/creches/renting in these areas would be most helpful!
    :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It depends..
    Where will you be working?
    Do you want to drive to local amenities or walk?
    Is public transport important ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 where2go

hi,

public transport not much of an issue. work is comuttable from any of these places so thats fine too. leaning towards kilcullen but no main reason...comments welcome!
    Moonbeam wrote: »
    It depends..
    Where will you be working?
    Do you want to drive to local amenities or walk?
    Is public transport important ?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Being completely biasaed here but Naas is really a fabulous town. It has everything I need from great pubs. restaurants, cinema, swimming pool, gyms, hotels and fabulous walks along the canal. Newbridge comes a close second as it has pretty much all of the above too.

But I love Naas. Good schools too..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

rondeco wrote: »
    Being completely biasaed here but Naas is really a fabulous town. It has everything I need from great pubs. restaurants, cinema, swimming pool, gyms, hotels and fabulous walks along the canal. Newbridge comes a close second as it has pretty much all of the above too.

But I love Naas. Good schools too..

I would agree with the above. I have lived in Naas since last summer, and it really is a nice town - good transport links, good amenities, good social scene.

The only thing to note is that i would expect the rent in Naas would easily be the highest of your four options.

Advertisement