Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Database does the HSE use day to day...

Options
  • 21-01-2013 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

hi there,i have a job interview coming up and want to make sure i have plenty of knowledge going in. does the the HSE use MySQL? and if so in what environment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Might be of some help to you :

"The PCRS have over 4.2 million persons registered as being eligible under the various schemes it administers and process in excess of 60million business transactions valued at over €3 billion annually. The PCRS has one of the three largest Oracle databases in Ireland."

http://www.quest.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=269

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭SomeGuyCalledMi

Different parts probably use different databases. What area are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Each part of the HSE use different technologies, For example the hospitals would use similar systems but the local HSE offices could use different technologies.

I wouldn't go and give out specific information from my experience as its considered confidential and a lot of the systems especially the hospital systems are mission critical systems.

Not that it would be easy to but I don't any script kiddies getting ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭Tow

Everything and anything, despite recent efforts there is not that much standardisation, but there would not be much call for MySQL. Hows you COBOL and MUMPS? :-)

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement