Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rural Broadband Providers, Wst. Cork

Options
  • 21-01-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Alright folks. I was wondeirng if anyone in the Dunmanway/Enniskean region are using any of the local BB providers, and if so, which one would you reccomend? What kind of speeds are you seeing, is service reliable, and what are their Cust. Support like?

I've been looking at Rural Broadband and AHC. Any more on top of that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

I used rapidbroadband.ie. They were great but I think their area is limited. Got 4mb from them with UK and Ireland landlines unlimited for 50 a month I think it was. Since moved so no longer using them. Very good setup and support service.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

im about to go whit digital forge in west cork any body use them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

We live approx 8 miles South of Dunmanway and we have a 2 MB connection with Rapid Broadband. The service is pretty stable and on the rare occasions where the connection is down they normally have it back up and running within an hour. I work from home and attend regular web conferences without any connection lag, I would definitely recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

We been with Digital Forge for a few years now and the rest of the family all changed to them too. No complaints at all and would highly recommend them. Excellent service and customer support (I think they've won awards for their customer support). We've the internet and phone with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭housetypeb

I'm with Digital Forge for a few years as well and have had no complaints either, use them for the internet, and Blueface.ie for the home phone.

• Advertisement

thanks for the replies im going to get the 4meg down package. is it ok at busy times in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

I use it at all different times of the day and night and there's never any difference in the speed (which is very fast - we have the 4mb package)

sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

I have fasttrack broadband very good service.

Advertisement