Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in St. Maurs Church

Options
  • 21-01-2013 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Saw a few fire engines outside the church this morning and smoke coming from inside the church.

Does anyone know if it was badly damaged?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

I don't really want to give the individuals involved the airtime quite frankly, but to summarize there was two incidents over the weekend I am aware of; 1st time around was break-in/robbery, and the 2nd time was destruction - setting things on fire, smashing things up, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

A friend had his car broken into outside Rush Athletic, early Fri evening too.
    He was taking his 6 year old son to soccer training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

eddiem74 wrote: »
    I don't really want to give the individuals involved the airtime quite frankly, but to summarize there was two incidents over the weekend I am aware of; 1st time around was break-in/robbery, and the 2nd time was destruction - setting things on fire, smashing things up, etc...

Windows in the church were also broken from last Wednesday onwards so it does seem to be a sustained attack on the building. Hopefully the individual/s responsible are arrested before they come back to cause further damage to the church.

Irish Times
    Gardaí are examining CCTV footage and appealing for information after a group of raiders set fire to the sacristy of a church.

The incident occurred at St Maur’s Church (above) in Rush*, Co Dublin, early on Monday morning. The church was also broken into the night before when “extensive damage” was done.

Further Reading
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2013/0123/1224329190882.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I knew things were on a slippery slope this past while back but this is a scandelous attack, to stoop to wrecking the church was I thought a new low until I was told it was set o fire and I agree with eddiem74 these people dont deserve any time

I dont think its a coincidence that since we lost our Gardái station last year there IS an increase in anti-social behavior and general vandalism. The figures might not agree but people are not bothering to phone in incidents when this is what is actually needed, from everyone.

However I do think with the weekend just gone and previous few days there is a very serious problem with vandalism and anti-social behaviour not just in Rush but in N.C.D and none of the state agencies seem to be doing anything about it.

Advertisement