Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 5 freezing / rebooting problem

• 21-01-2013 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

My phone has developed a problem when i am scrolling on a website. For example m.boards.ie if i load the home page and try to scroll to the bottom of the page the phones freezes for a second or two.

I've tried a factory reset and then a restore from backup however the backup starts rebooting the phone half way through the restore. If it manages to complete the phone will keep rebooting itself every 5 or so minutes.

At the moment I've the phone running from a factory restore and its stable however the freezing problem is still there.

Anyone know how long it takes to send to apple? The phone has taken a knock or two since i've had it and i am wondering if it will be covered under warranty. The phone is locked to 3 so it them or apple who i should be contacting?

Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

best thing to do is take it to apple store, if there is a problem they usually give replacements straight away.

it will be covered under your one year warranty however i cant see the knocks effecting the warranty if there is no evident damage to the inside!

they wont give u a brand new replacement tho they call them 'service models'
    dont know why!

also if you contact 3 they only going to send it to apple so best go to the store or ring apple they will send a courier to pick it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

etxp wrote: »
    best thing to do is take it to apple store, if there is a problem they usually give replacements straight away.

it will be covered under your one year warranty however i cant see the knocks effecting the warranty if there is no evident damage to the inside!

they wont give u a brand new replacement tho they call them 'service models'
    dont know why!

also if you contact 3 they only going to send it to apple so best go to the store or ring apple they will send a courier to pick it up!

Just called Apple and they are sending me out a replacement exchange within 2/3 days.

Great service!

Thanks

Advertisement